Monday, October 13, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch...


Yesterday we took Ethan to the pumpkin patch off of 9000s. and 2200w. I figured it was a good tradition to start this year and figuring that Ethan would think they were all balls...I knew he would love it. It was super cold so we didn't stay too long, but made off with our little family of pumpkins. Ethan liked the pumpkins and yelled every time he saw a big pile of them, but he had more fun riding in the wheel barrow and pointing at the airplanes. He no longer cares when I yell his name to smile at the camera...he does everything but look at me. He also has figured how to pull my strings. You all may think I'm a little OCD and I guess I can admit it some of the time, but any time we leave the house I have to have Ethan's hair done. I don't care what it looks like at the house since he's a crazy nut who's running and crashing into everything, but when we go out, I like it to look nice. Well he's figured out that it bugs me....so the little poop looks at me in the car...after it looks so cute, and rubs his hand all across the top of his head. Then he looks at me with a really innocent look like, "What did I do?" So I guess what I'm saying is that he was a punk on the way to the pumpkin patch. We did have lots of fun though and he loved the little baby pumpkins he could hold...



...but the best part was that he got some smarties from the lady who rang us up!

14 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Why arent kids sympathetic to their parents OCD's? I swear, my kids like to see how long it takes before "Mommy loses it"!!

Beth and Jess said...

Have I mentioned how much I love your little guy. He is so funny. I need to be a little more OCD my kids look like orphans. :)

Kristin said...

His expressions are the best...looks fun, and cold! Glad you guys joined the chikfila rush too, you love mini vans!

N Luthi said...

I AM JUST A OCD ABOUT THE HAIR THING. THEY ARE BOYS AND YOU CANT DO MUCH WITH THEM LIKE GIRLS BUT I ALWAYS MAKE SURE PORTERS HAIR IS DONE WHEN WE GO OUT!! LOL!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

I think his hair looks GREAT...He must know that the MESSY look is in.
I LOVE the pict of him pushing the wheelbarrow. You can tell he thinks he's a STUD!

Isaac and Dallas said...

I love the picture of him and his smarties. It is so cute. Good thing he will smile for candy.

hollyw said...

When you get a few more kids, you will just be glad if everyone has matching shoes on when you leave the house... and hey, if all the shoes are on the right feet..you will feel like a hero! I love the pictures of Ethan. He is so cute!

Mardi and Jeremey said...

He is so stinkin cute! I love the hair battle and the then the picture with the smarties. So adorable!

Gibbons Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We are heading to the pumkin patch this weekend!

Walter Family said...

Those pictures are all so cute, how fun! That's too funny he messes his hair up on purpose, it's amazing how young kids learn how to push their parents' buttons!

Annie said...

Your boy is a cutie!! I wanted to go to a pumpkin patch and let Madi pick out her pumpkin, or "pumps" as she calls them, and now I know where to go. I am glad you found my blog. Your family is so cute.

Stephanie said...

I love his expressions, he is so dang cute!!

Henderson said...

Cute pictures! What a fun tradition. We need to get in the swing of the holiday...I am sure I have a door decoration somewhere...

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I wish that Ollie was a little more "with it" and knew what was going on. We got pumpkins at the store and he was just like...whatever. Oh well. There's always next year. Also, that pumpkin in the first pic looks kinda gross, like all warty or something :)