Monday, June 2, 2008

Home Improvements

I finally did it! I painted the garage. I've been wanting to do it after seeing other people in the neighborhood do it, but have been putting it off. Now two colors, three coats, and a couple of frantic phone calls to Jocelyn, (thanks Joce) it's finished. Let me explain....so Kurt went to Kwal Paint and got the same color as our door and shutters. When we put it on it was a chocolate brown. I was stressing and figured maybe after it dried it would darken. Oh don't worry...it didn't!! Kwal told me it was the same color, but it sure didn't look the same. Luckily when we first moved here we scuffed up our door frame trying to move in a couch, so we had bought a can of the paint to touch it up. Well I made Kurt search for that and I repainted it once again. Its definitely the right color now! I really like how it turned out! Here is the before picture....and after....

9 comments:

Kristin said...

I cannot believe how different that makes your whole house look! I love it! You and Kurt impress me with all your home improvements! Seriously...looks awesome!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

It looks GREAT!! I noticed you painted it again when I drove by and saw the windows a little different from the rest...Wow...It was way off! It looks so much better.

Ariel said...

Your house is so cute. I can't wait to get done with school in a million years so we can grow up and get house :) Good work on the garage door.

I'm Mindy. said...

Lookin good!! I really like it. Well done, guys!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara-
I don't know if you remember me (rubys daughter), but she told me that you had a blog and I just had to check it out!! Ethan is so so cute and he is getting so big too!
Haley

Jill said...

It does look so good. It's crazy how much of a difference it makes. But good job. We'll get to ours one of these days....

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

Hey Kara! I found your blog and it is so fun to see you guys and your little boy is so cute. I just love boys! And the garage looks great- who knew a coat of paint could make such a difference?

Holly (Scothern) Fowers

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

It looks great! I love the color! Look how handy and crafty you are! Way to go!

Brandi Johns said...

LOVE it!