Monday, June 30, 2008

15 Month Check Up

Today we went to the doctor for Ethan's 15 month check up! Four shots and one nurse later, we were out of there....poor guy!! I hate when there is only one nurse! Anyways we are finally WAY onto the charts. The doctor walked in today and said, "Wow he's sure figured out the eating thing!" The last six months have done some good. I had to laugh because Ethan has always wanted to eat, it's just keeping it down that was the hard part. Anyways we are now in the 30% in weight!! He was a good solid 23lbs. Yeah!!! And then 50% in both height and head! The doctor couldn't believe the changes!! It was so good to have the doctor not be concerned about his size any more!

I had to post these two pictures. I thought his face was so cute. He loves the squirt bottle. He sucks all the water out of it every time I fill it up. His favorite though is when we squirt it in, apparently that is way more fun then just sucking it out. Then last night he wouldn't take Kurt's hat off. Just walked around like this. I thought it was too cute! He's always got to have something in his mouth. Some kind of drink or food, or whatever else he can find!!

Sorry if most of you are sick of me posting about Ethan...all of the pictures are usually of him, but before I got into the whole blogging thing, Brandi Hess told me I could print it, and my sister has told me all about the books that you can put them into at blurb.com. So this is kind of like a journal in some of way. I guess you will just have to live with all my posts of my cute boy!

9 comments:

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Heck No...It's pretty SAD how Excited we all get just to see that someone has posted something new...So, even if every post were about Ethan, we would all be glad to read it.

I'm glad he finally made it on the charts and the Dr. can classify him as "normal".
WAY TO GO ETHAN!!
He's too CUTE!!

N Luthi said...

Crap! I don't know anyone who like looking at cute little boys as they grow up! Hey did he have acid reflux? Porter has had that since the beginning and while he hasn't had any problems gaining weight he throws up so much so I feel your pain!

I'm Mindy. said...

No apologizes needed...we love to see how "the little man" is. I am so thrilled to see the progress he has made. He really has changed alot!

Brandi Johns said...

We all do it, that's what it is all about. Plus, he is so cute! I am glad that you are having so much fun being a Mommy!

Isaac and Dallas said...

He is getting so big. I am so glad that Ethan is on the charts now. Go Ethan.

Ariel said...

I pretty much just post about Noah too. But I love to see everyone's cute cute kids. The squirt bottle thing is hilarious.
I'm also sad we missed seeing everyone in UT. But I will be having a WJ Christmas party. Hopefully I will get to meet your little guy. He is so adorable.

Henderson said...

Thanks for tipping me off to blurb...I had no idea how easy it was to make a "blog book".

Oh yeah, Ethan is adorable, who wouldn't want to see pictures of your cute kid?

ariannet said...

Hey Kara--I do agree, he is a cutie! I have a baby shower coming up and want to send you an invite...will you email your address to me at
arianneb769@hotmail.com ? Thanks!!

Wade and Taryn said...

Ethan is way cute!! Wade says hi back. I am glad that I found your blog so that I can keep up with your life. I away excited about our condo. It has been so fun figuring where to put things.