Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

So this year I wanted to get up, let Kurt sleep in, make breakfast, and just make it a good day for him. Instead I woke up with a pounding migraine and so Kurt was the one that got up and did all that. Sorry babe!! It's been so much fun this last year watching Kurt be a dad. I think he loves this role in life more then anything else. He can't wait to get up in the morning to see Ethan, and then can't wait to get home to play with him. He never needs a break and is always so good to both Ethan and I. I've got the best husband and the best dad for Ethan I could ever ask for. It's amazing that a little over a year ago we weren't even parents yet, and last year we only had a two month old, so parenting really hadn't hit yet! He never complains about anything and is always there to help. He never once complained about getting up in the middle of the night, every night, to make him a bottle, the constant throw up we were dealing with, the messy diapers, and just the whole reality of being a parent. Even though we at times have our differences he never judges me. I Just wanted to express how much I love ya babe! I could never have dreamed of having someone who treats me so good! I love you so much! You really are my other half, I couldn't imagine life without you!
Kurt and I both have amazing dads who we appreciate and love so much. Russ we sure appreciate all that you do, and I'm so glad that Kurt has such a great example to look up to! I know he is who he is today because of you and Lynette. Thanks for being such a great Grandpa, Ethan loves you so much!

And then there is just something about a little girl and her dad. I've always had a great relationship with my dad and love him so much. He is the most patient and caring man I've ever met. He is such an amazing example. I love you dad!! You are one of my hero's. Thanks for being the Grandpa that you are, Ethan loves all the treats and especially the desk drawer. I searched for a picture of my dad and I together and was sad that I don't have many. Luckily my sister had this one of us when we were in Hawaii this last April enjoying the fresh squeezed pineapple juice.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So sweet and cute! I however, think Kurt is kinda a loser, but you like him, so that's all that matters! j/k....hope you had a great day Kurt, you are a great husband and father! Super cute boating pics too, I'm so glad Ethan enjoyed, or you guys would be in trouble!