Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend!!

The 4th of July is always a crazy fun weekend for us. We first headed up to Midway on Thursday with my family since it was the only time in the weekend we could all be together. Once we got there we just hung around. Kurt and I took Ethan for a golf cart ride which he thought was so fun. It amazes me the little things that entertain him. He thought holding onto the steering wheel was pretty cool.Then we all got ready and drove into Park City to hit the Alpine Coaster. Here is my family. I can't believe how fast it continues to grow. It was lots of fun being with everyone.



Here we are at the coaster. For those of you who haven't tried it, it's well worth the money! It's much better then the slide...you can go without hitting your breaks and you don't have the fear of flying off, like on the slide! We had lots of fun just hanging out. The kids rode the Rockets and the Merry-Go-Round, and also had lots of Dip n' Dots. Ethan was pretty good just hanging out in his stroller. Grandma & Grandpa stayed with Ethan & Preston and then we were able to do the "Baby Swap" and get them at the front of the line.



We ended up doing fireworks on Thursday night and also celebrating dad's birthday which was Sunday. Alaina always gets pretty creative over the holidays and this year brought up Mall Madness for the girls to play and hats to decorate. I've got to say they turned out pretty cool. It was also Ethan's first time seeing fireworks and he sat there in a daze. He wouldn't move from Paige's lap, he loved them.


Then Friday morning Kurt and I got up and headed to East Canyon to spend the rest of the weekend with Kurt's family. It was lots of fun. This is the first time in two years that we've all been up there together. So we had quite the crowd with all fifteen of us, lots of food, boating, fireworks, four wheeling, and games. Grandpa Russ can't resist having some fun with Ethan.
Every year on the 4th there is a fireworks show in Henefer. Kurt and I have never been to it but we hear about it every year from his family. So this year we were able to go and I've never laughed so hard. It's an awesome firework show, but it's total hick town. First off we were only like maybe twenty feet (that's probably pushing it) away from where they lit the fireworks. So about five minutes into it there were two fires and we were all yelling at the fire fighters to have them come put them out. The smoke was blowing us all out and the fire fighters just kept the show coming. Needless to say we were all getting ashes in our cars and Ethan's blanket has a hole burned in it to prove it. Next year I don't know if we will sit that close, but it kept the excitement coming.




Saturday we took the boats out with Kurt's family and spent most of the day at the lake! Ethan was really good. He fell asleep twice, and then was pretty good the rest of the time. We tested out his water skills and put him on the tube with Kurt. He couldn't really decide if he liked it or not, but it was fun. We also let him play in the water for a minute, he didn't like that at all. Once he was back safe in the boat he started laughing. All in all it was a fun, crazy, busy weekend.



9 comments:

Kristin said...

Love the pics, and it seems like you have a really fun family! ha ha! Sorry about all the drama, but good times, we wouldn't be a 'real family' without drama...right! I could eat Ethan up in the picture with you on the boat asleep, so freakin cute! You look really good too, I think you're not smiling as big as you normally do, so I can see more of your face! It's funny to read our blogs, we say a lot of the same things, & pretty much have the same pics! Cause we're freakin AWESOME! Love ya

I'm Mindy. said...

Way cute blog! It was so fun to spend so much time with you guys!! Landon was commenting on how by the end of the vacation Ethan was going to him. Yeah!! He is growing so fast. Thanks for the fun!

Jill said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun and full weekend. It made me tired thinking about it. But it's all worth it. Ethan is so cute and easy going. He's fine just doing whatever. Loved him with daddy's glasses, that was really cute.

Angie said...

Fun weekend. Cute pictures. I love how your family and Kristin's famil coordinated outfits for the pictures in the doorway. It looks like a wedding photo with the syncronized colors. You dork faces. I love all the pics and thanks for writing so much and not having a lame blog like some other people. :)

N Luthi said...

It looks like another fun weekend! I loved the picture sof you family, you all looked so cute! And of course got to love Ethan and the sun glasses!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Man...Ethan really is chunkin up!
I love his "MAN BOOBS"!!
TOO CUTE!

Looks like you guys had a BLAST with EVERY stop you made!
You were busy!

The Blanchard Family said...

I am so glad I found your blog...I want to get in touch. Email me at casiblanchard@yahoo.com so I can add you to my readers. All of your pictures are so dang cute and Ethan is absolutely adorable. I have not been good at updating my blog since April, so I need to update, but it will be fun to keep in touch!

Angie said...

Hey how come you don't read my blog? I tagged you and you never did it you fool! I have another fun tag coming up so be prepared!

Stephanie said...

Kara, thanks and I love you guys too! What grandma said hurt me.