Thursday, February 5, 2009

Temple & Pizza

Last night my familia went to the open house of the Draper temple!! As most people have mentioned, it's beautiful. Plus you get a fun six minute bus trip, where I thought I might die. Let me say that I learned my lesson....don't take kids under the age of two! However, if you have a child that is calm and unlike mine, you will be fine. There were signs posted all over to be reverent and whisper if you needed to communicate. Well how do you tell your 22 month old to keep it down, not walk on the carpet, don't climb under the chairs in the ordinance rooms, or not to touch the water in the baptismal font? (Don't worry, he really didn't touch the water...Grandpa just let him look at it for a long time) It was a fun filled adventure and thanks to my family for helping me with my INSANE child. Kurt had to work and wasn't able to come, Ethan wanted nothing to do with me, wanted to walk and not be carried, and only wanted Grandpa. Needless to say it was beautiful and I did get to enjoy most of it. I can't wait for the Oquirrh Temple open house with NO Ethan!!

Afterwards we had to hit up dinner at Pier 49, and it was surprise when Kurt got done with work and met us there. Always love dinner with 14 of us...six being kids!! So here are pictures at dinner that my sis took, I had my camera and wanted to take pictures at the temple grounds, but was too busy running after Ethan in the tents!



3 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Toddlers make every event...interesting! Glad that you got to go.

Walter Family said...

We're hoping to go to that - thanks for the tip about bringing little ones - we might have to leave Ashton with the grandparents if we go! He'd totally be doing what Ethan was! That still sounds like fun though!

Kellie said...

Sounds like fun, I can't wait for that stage... hee hee! I'm glad you got to go, your family is so cute!