Tuesday, July 15, 2008

American Idol Concert

Last night my wonderful, amazing, hubby surprised me and took me to the American Idol concert for an early birthday present. For those of you who know Kurt and I, we aren't very good at surprises. We like to plan a surprise, but then we can't hold it in and we end up telling each other.....not this time. He planned it all out and it was awesome. I had no clue...I didn't even realize they were here in concert yet. So we left and went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse...(I forget how much nicer dinner is without Ethan). Then we started heading down Redwood Road. We got to 3500 s. and I asked if we were going to the E Center. Kurt said, "no." and just kept driving. Then we hit 3100 s. and he started to turn left....I was still confused at this point, but there were a lot of cars and I was wondering what the heck we were going to see. Well as we turned there was a huge sign that said "American Idol Parking." I think I almost pooped my pants. I was so stoked. We always talk about going to things like this and then we never do.

Anyways it was an amazing concert. The top ten all performed. It started from Chekezie who was voted out as number ten and went down to Cook. The bottom eight performed three songs each, and then David Archuleta did four songs, and Cook did five. It was awesome, and extremely loud. I was really impressed with all of them except for Syesha, however I didn't care for her in the season, and never thought she should have made it that far. The best by far were Michael Johns, Brooke White, and the two Davids. Johns got the crowd way into it by singing "We Will Rock You" and "Dream On." He did awesome! He should have made it to the top three. I never really cared for Kristy Lee Cook either, but she actually did good live. By far Cook is the best entertainer! He rocked out pretty hard on his guitar and was all over the place. I think my favorite of the night though was when Archuleta sang "Apologize" by OneRepublic.

All in all it was such a fun night! It was an awesome concert and very entertaining. The one thing I was bummed about was that they wouldn't let me take my camera in. It's a Nikon and has a removable lens....so it's considered a professional camera. I was bummed, and once we got in tons of people had professional cameras...so they must of started that rule half way through the night....oh wells....it was still awesome and one of the best b-day presents ever!!

THANK YOU so so much babe!! I loved the surprise!!! That was a blast and it was so nice just being with you for the night!

6 comments:

Henderson said...

Wow, Kurt good job!! Sounds like a fun night.

Clifton and Melinda said...

Dude my dad won tickets this morning for the show tonight and gave them to me and my mom!! I am totally stoked!! Seriously...I totally love David Cook and can't wait for his CD to come out!! I was so excited to see this on your blog and hear that you loved it!! YEAH!!! Check out my blog tomorrow for some pics...we are taking my moms point and shoot camera so I think we should be ok :)

OLIVERSONFAM said...

OH MY!!! How FUN is that!!
What a CUTE husband!!
That sounds like a BLAST!!

Does your husband what to be a polygamist?? :)

I'm Mindy. said...

Kurtee...well done! I have to say, I am impressed! That sounds like a lot of fun! You know...I am even more impressed that he kept it a secret! That is somethin'!

Ariel said...

Ahhh I am sooo jealous. I am an AI lover. I would have pooped my pants also. I agree about Michael Johns he totally got shorted. I'm gald you got to go. Way to go Kurt.

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

Kara- I went to the American Idol concert too! It was their first performance here in Arizona, but when I went it was the top 10, but I thought Ramielle and Chikeezie were kinda bad that I wished the show started with Michael Johns! How funny! I hope you have a happy birthday!