Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sleeping Habits

We've determined that Ethan takes after me when it comes to sleeping. I'm quite the wild sleeper, Kurt calls me the steamroller. I usually end up with all the covers, sleep diagonal, take up most of our king bed, and occasionally hit, kick, or push Kurt in the night. The good thing is that I married a "mummy sleeper" (you know the type that wake up in the same position)! So I can't help but take pictures of Ethan when I find him all over the place. So here are just a few of Ethan's positions...Every night we pack the crib with a million blankets. To sleep he puts one hand under his blanket and then rubs his finger up and down his hand on the other side of the blanket....strange kid. I guess every kid has their comfort and Ethan's is definitely his blankets. He always looks so innocent when he sleeps, I love it. I always want to just pick him up and hold him. It's really the only time he cuddles, he's such a nut head all the time that he never calms down enough for us to cuddle him. How can you not love an innocent face like this!?

10 comments:

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

I can't believe I'm going to have a little boy soon! I love seeing your pictures, it gets me really excited for my new life!

I'm Mindy. said...

He is so freakin cute! I love how many positions he has! Too cute!!

N Luthi said...

lol... way too cute of a boy. good luck to his wife when he gets older! :)

Stephanie said...

That's funny, didn't you love blankets when you were little. What did you call it boo boo?? I think it was the tag on the blanket??

Michelle Arnett said...

That's soo soo cute!

Kristin said...

Oooooh, I want to eat him! I agree about the wanting to cuddle them while they sleep. The positions are so sweet & so cute, and they are always so warm and smell so good when they sleep. Then they get up and eat, play outside, & poop....all of which stink!
P.S. Glad I don't have to sleep with your steamrolling! Kurt's a trooper!

Angie said...

What is it about them sleeping that is so yummy? I love when his little butt is in the air. When we would have sleepovers didn't I used to tease you about your bed hogging skills all the time too?

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Sooo CUTE!!
I love his little Diaper Butt in those tight little jammers!
So squishable~~

Isaac and Dallas said...

My favorit is the one in the bug pajamas with his butt straight up in the air. So cute.

Kevin, Michelle and Jamin Gilbert said...

Hey Jenkins Family! I love your blog! I saw your link through Mindy's page- I just wanted to see how you are doing. I don't get to see you enough to know what is going on in your life. I love the house that Kirt designed- maybe he could design mine one day! Feel free to check out or blog at kmjgilbert.blogspot.com. We love you guys! Michelle