Monday, July 21, 2008

Bear Lake Adventures

Every year in the middle of July my extended family takes a trip down to Bear Lake. Usually it's my aunt Becky and her family who go down for about a week, and the rest of us grace her with our presence whenever we can show up. Kurt and I have went every year that we've been married except for last year because Ethan was only a couple of months old. And every year no one from my own family goes down but Kurt and I. Well this year my sister and her kids decided to come down too, so that was a fun treat!


We got up early Friday morning and headed down. It really isn't too far of a drive, we made it in about two and a half hours towing a boat....not bad. We always have so much fun when we go down. My cute aunt Becky and her family make it so much fun. We spent all day Friday and Saturday at the lake, beach, eating good food, and devouring the best raspberry shakes. Friday we took Kristin and her kids out on the lake and the girls had a blast out on the tube. I even got my sister to try to wakeboard...I don't think I've ever laughed so hard....not at her trying to get up, but at the two of us in the lake. I was helping her put the board on, had the rope wrapped around my arm, hooked into her arm, and trying to get my gloves off to give to her. We had waves coming up over our head and the whole time Kristin just kept screaming. It was quite a sight. Guess you had to be there to enjoy the humor.

The only thing I think I would complain about in Bear Lake is how quickly the winds pick up. They come out of nowhere and everyone rushes to trailer their boats. It happened again this year, the winds came up and it was a chore trying to get the boat on the trailer. We both got a few battle wounds but we survived. My sister headed home since she got there on Thursday and the rest of us headed to Merlin's to have some dinner. We were able to crash with my mom and Grandma at the condo they rented and slept on the floor on an air mattress....much better then sleeping in a tent. I hate tents!

Saturday Kurt and I spent the day on the lake with my cousins. They are so much fun to be around and just so willing to help and do whatever. We had so much fun with them and got a good laugh at all of them trying to get up on the dang air chair. Kurt makes it look so easy, that it's frustrating for the rest of us. Then that afternoon we headed to Bear Lake Pizza for dinner before Kurt and I headed for home.
It's always a short lived trip, but well worth it. It's fun times we get to spend with my aunt and uncle, cousins, and grandma that we look forward to. It was so much fun and I just want to tell everyone thank you!! My aunt Becky and her family are so sweet and are always taking care of all of us. Times like these always leave such fun memories, and I will always remember them. We look forward to our Bear Lake trip every year....I already can't wait for next year!

8 comments:

Henderson said...

Too fun!! And Raspberry shakes...yum!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Looks like a BLAST!!
You have a really FUN family!
We need to plan a trip like that with a few of the neighbors...We would have so much FUN!!!

Kristin said...

If I had to drown....I would want to do it in Bear Lake with you laughing as hard as we were! Way too much fun, next year lets get a condo for the 2 of us and stay longer. Love the boat, & you and Kurt know what your doing so it makes me feel safe! ALWAYS good times! Love ya!

I'm Mindy. said...

Good times...I am glad you were able to go! Ethan looks like he enjoyed it!

Brian & Kerrian said...

Hi Kurt & Kara!! It was so fun to hear from you. I love "blogging" and catching up with everyone!!! Your little Ethan is adorable!!!! Hope you don't mind if I link you on my blog so I can keep up with your cute family!!! I was so sad I missed the twins homecoming!!! Would have been so fun to see all of you!!! Hope your having an amazing summer!!!!

N Luthi said...

I know just what you mean about the scary wind thing at bear lake. We always go in Aug with Steven's extended family and without fail when the wind picks up get the crap off the lake or else! But other than that so much fun! Eathan looks so cute in his swimsuit!

Ashlee said...

Hey Kara, can you tell me how you make a collage of pictures? Also have you seen how they put a couple of pics on one layout and the pics look like they are from a polaroid camera? Anywho, can you teach me? Gratsi.

Becky said...

Kara thanks for the compliments, but you guys make it so fun! I love when you guys come up. Thanks for sharing your boat!! The kids love to watch Kurt, he is amazing! Ethan is so cute and so good! Cant wait for next year! I love your family.