Thursday, July 8, 2010

The 4th Celebrations

Our fourth of July weekend started off by heading to East Canyon. Kurt's parents have a time share there and we are lucky to go up every year. When we got there the power was out and had been out for about an hour or so...we figured it wouldn't be long until it went back. We were SO wrong. By Saturday around 1:00p.m. the power finally came back on. It was worth the fun of sitting in the dark all night and cooking french toast in car port outlets around the timeshare!

Saturday we hit the lake. Ethan loves the boat and for some reason listens much better when we are on it. We put him out in the new tube we got thinking he would love it, but I guess his dad's love for water sports might not come for another year or two. I love boating and wish that I could have got out and done some things, maybe if I heal quickly from the baby I can get one good wake boarding day in! Guess we will have to see! Nothing but a fun day on the lake.
After a long day on the lake Ethan, Bennett, and Grandpa Russ crashed hard ten minutes into the movie "Up."
Saturday night we headed into Hennifer for the annual fireworks show. I don't know why we choose to sit so close every year, but next year I will remember to move further away. After two fireworks didn't shoot up but straight at us, Russ jumping out of the way for one, ash falling on us in the back of the truck, and me getting decked in the face from some of the cardboard off of one of the fireworks, I was glad it was over. For some odd reason I still look forward to going back next year!
On Sunday we headed to Midway to spend the last little bit of the weekend with my family. WeBBQ, played games, and did our own fireworks. The Hogans were the only smart ones sitting in their car not eating smoke. The kids enjoyed it, but had to be all wrapped up in blankets because of this crazy weather! It's the 4th of July, we shouldn't be in jackets and sweatshirt!
Monday we woke up, relaxed, headed to the park, grabbed some subway, and off to another park to play. I've always loved the 4th of July. Even with all the craziness and switching between families. It also makes me really appreciate those who serve for our country, I'm so grateful to live in a free country, I take it for granted much too often. Hope you all had a Happy 4th!

5 comments:

The Blanchard Family said...

It was fun to see you up at East Canyon! You look darling! Now we need to make sure that the next time we see each other is not at East Canyon next 4th of July. . .it should be sooner! Wasn't that power outage THE PITS! Holy cow!

I'm Mindy. said...

Busy...busy weekend! It was great 'playing' with you guys. Those fireworks were sure something!!!

Isaac and Dallas said...

Sounds like a fun full weekend. You will heal in time for at least one boating trip.

Kellie said...

So fun! Cute pictures too :)

The Jacobson Family said...

I'm glad u had a great 4th. Wish we were there to do some boating maybe we will make a trip next year after we both have our babies and we can both enjoy some time on the water. Miss and love u guys!