Sunday, May 31, 2009

Running For Those Who Wait!

Yesterday Kurt's whole family was able to participate in an Adoption 5K called "Running For Those Who Wait" at Murray Park. Everyone in the family participated in some way or another by either running or watching the kids while we ran. About three years ago Kurt's sister and her husband were able to adopt three beautiful kids. They went from zero kids, to three kids, all at the same time....and what a blessing they have been to the entire family. It was a cool experience running for something that we know can really touch lives.
I've been running a little more lately and usually run over three miles most days, but at my own pace, and walking for some of it. My goal this race was to beat my time last time, which was 32 minutes. I'm proud to say that I was able to run this 5K in 24 minutes, shaving off a good 8 WHOLE minutes. I was excited...24 minutes means I ran about an 8 minutes mile. It was a big accomplishment for me. Kurt ran it in 23 minutes! For some reason I can never keep up with him at the end. Now I've got to start getting myself ready for a 10K. YIKES. Here is Kurt and I looking so pretty with red faces and no make up after the race.
And Ethan being the stud he is while cheering us on with Grandpa Russ and Travis, who so nicely watched all the kids!!

8 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

It was a great run Guys. You guys did great! Thanks for supporting it with us!!

Tanya said...

Yeah!! Good job Kara! I am super impressed you beat your last time. Woman.....you are a natural!

Walter Family said...

That is so cool! My sister is in the process of trying to adopt, and I know so many others who will be as well. Doing a 5K seems like such an accomplishment alone, but knowing that you are doing it for something close to you makes it even better!

That is so awesome you beat your time like that! Your last 5K wasn't even that long ago!

Tasha said...

we just changed our blog address be sure to update it!

Brandi Johns said...

You are so awesome. that is a killer time. Keep up the good work.

The Jacobson Family said...

You guys are so awesome, good job, you both look great.

Paige said...

ethan looks so funny in those pics.and the slide looks pretty fun to.

hollyw said...

Sounds like fun! One of these days I am going to get motivated and start running...maybe by the time I turn 40...just kidding!