Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day is always a good day. Maybe because everyone thinks you are important for that one day!! Today was a good day, besides that Ethan was SUPER whiny all day long! Church at 1:00 is a REAL treat! We had to wake him up from his nap, which resulted in some major crying, and no pictures except for this one.
Kurt took good care of me, let me sleep in (which Ethan wanted no part of), made me breakfast, took care of the house, and spoiled me. Our anniversary and Mother's Day always fall super close together, so I got these beautiful flowers that always last me through the week, plus a cute outfit that I picked out!! Thanks babe!!!
Church was fun and a lot of work since we as a Presidency had sharing time for Mother's Day. After church we headed to my sister's for a BBQ with the family. This was my moms last Mother's Day here in the U.S. for three years, so we all got together for the she bang. Next we headed over to Kurt's parents to hang out for a while.

I just want to tell my mom how much I love her! She is amazing. I will miss her so much while she's gone and won't know what to do when I can't call her and know that she is down the street. Living so close to both of our families has some major advantages and we get to see them all the time. I love you mom and hope that I can become at least half of the mom that you have been to me. Thank you for everything you do for my little family and the example that you have set for me! I love you so much and words can't express how thankful I am for you! A mom is so irreplaceable and I can't imagine not having you in my life. I look back at the way you and dad raised us kids, and hope that I can do things like you did. I remember the zuka juices you would bring to school for me, toast and hot chocolate when we weren't feeling good, trips to the mall, St. George vacations and all the swimming, and most of all the respect that I had for you and dad and not wanting to disappoint. You have made me who I am and I hope to be able to raise my kids the same.
And to my wonderful mother in law. Thank you for raising such an amazing son who takes care of us and is such an amazing husband and father. He has always had your example to follow and has become a man because of you & Russ. Thank you for being so involved in our lives and always being just a phone call away! I'm so glad that I have two families who are so close and who will be there the minute we ask! I love you and appreciate all that you do for us!

5 comments:

Angie said...

OK, a couple things. 1. You and Dustin now share the same anniversary, funny. 2. your mom is awesome. 3. COngrats on the 5k, a couple weeks ago I was like, "Wowo Kara looks skinny. Is she losing weight?" That's an awesome accomplishment. How fun to do it with everyone.

The Broughs said...

happy mother's day!

Kristin said...

Nasty Ass picture of me!! Thanks!

Kellie said...

Ahh, happy mother's day :) I'm glad you got to spend some special time with your momma! We missed you, but it looks like you had a good day :)

Unknown said...

Kara, you look SO good! Happy late mothers day :)