Saturday, May 2, 2009

My First 5K

I actually did it. I've never run anything in my life, and I finally did my first 5K. When I first started working out almost six months ago I could barely walk for twenty minutes at a fast pace. Now I'm proud to say that I ran 3.2 miles in 32 minutes, and I ran the entire thing. The run was "The Linda Butters Memorial Fun Run" right up here at Jordan Landing. It was POURING rain the entire run, but well worth it. Here is a picture of all of us who ran, and yes, we all look hot with our soaking wet hair and clothes. My mother in law Lynette (who took third, and got a medal for her age category), Mindy, Alaina, Kurt, Me, & Kellie. Now I can put a check next to this goal!! Thanks to my hubby who stayed with me the entire way...until the very end when he sprinted to the finish line. Now it's off to another possible 5K at the end of this month.

18 comments:

Emily said...

Kara that is awesome! I can't even imagine running after how badly the walking is effecting me now. You are the bomb!

N Luthi said...

rock on kara...oh and can i say again you look amazing!

I'm Mindy. said...

Thanks for the run!! It was alot of fun! Even in the rain. You did great!!

Kellie said...

Yea Kara! You did so awesome, I better work it so I can keep up with you at the next one :)

Henderson said...

Way to go! As you know I ran my first 5K this week, too. Now I need to figure out where to go from here. Maybe I will become a "runner" after all!

p.s. you look great!

Isaac and Dallas said...

Good job you two. That is so awesome. Sorry about the rain that sucks.

The Jacobson Family said...

Congrats you guys, that is so awesome!!

Walter Family said...

That is so great! I forgot you said you had that this weekend! Someday I might get brave enough to try doing one! :)

The Broughs said...

Congrats! That is awesome. I should probably try that one day... one day in the future. Anyway, you are amazing :)

Ryan & Misty said...

That looks like fun! What 5k are you going to do at the end of the month?

Brandi Johns said...

Way to go! I am SO proud of you, and that is a great time!!! Keep up the good work.

Tanya said...

Kara, that is awesome! GOOD JOB woman!!

Kristin said...

You all look like WET RATS!! Love it....you are my hero!

Jessica Madsen said...

Well that would explain why you are looking so fantastic!! You are running your little butt off girl! That is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Annie said...

Great Job!! I knew you were doing something. I need to get back to working out. I am saying this while eating Ice cream at 10:30 at night.

Beth and Jess said...

Good job!! You look AMAZING!!!! Go you!!!

Ariel said...

You are the Bomb diggity baby!

Paige said...

You guys look so wet!