Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ten and Five....

Ten Years Ago...
I was just starting my sophomore year of high school at good old West Jordan High. I was on Dance Company and dancing my booty off. I was so excited about the new friends I would make and couldn't wait for all the football games. There were no worries in life except what I wore to school, who the new cute boys were, and the new friends I had made.

Five Years Ago...
I had recently got back from BYU Hawaii. I attended a semester there with my cousin Jill and it was the best time ever! Hawaii is the best place to go to college. Who needs to go to class when you have the beach. After getting home I had just got a new job at Whitehouse & Company CPA's, where I was the secretary. I was scared and nervous about my new job and wanted to impress.

Five Months Ago...
We celebrated Ethan's big birthday! Went to Hawaii with my family and on the day coming home my sister-in-law Kellie went in to labor with her baby. Had Ethan's doctor appointment and he was back on the charts in weight! (Woo Hoo!)

My List of Five Things to do Tomorrow...
1. Paint mom and dad's doors.
2. Go to the mall
3. Clean House
4. Clean out Ethan's closet.
5. Do some scrapbooking

Five Bad Habits...
1. Worry WAY too much
2. Stealing the covers
3. Talking too much.
4. Biting my lip
5. If I get something on my mind I have to do it RIGHT THEN!

Five Places I've Lived...
1. West Jordan
2. Orem
3. Hawaii
4. West Jordan
5. West Jordan .... Wow I need to move out of West Jordan.

Five Things People Don't Know About Me...
1. I have an obsession of making stacks of things so it seems like it's clean
2. I like to make "To Do" lists and HAVE to get them checked off, or else I stress.
3. I went to three different colleges, and graduate with my associates in "Software Technology" Kind of makes me sounds like a computer geek!
4. I sing at the top of my lungs when I'm in the car by myself. I crank the music up so that I can't hear myself and pretend that I'm as good as whoever is singing.
5. I'm a lefty....and get irritated that everything is made for right handed people. In school no one ever teaches you how to do it left handed...so I putt and bat right handed. I hate notebooks and three ring binders because I can't write with the paper in them. Most of the time my hand has a big smear across the side of my hand from writing, but other then that I like being a South Paw.

10 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Way cute blog!! Fun to hear about the funny "quirky" things you do. (~we all do them...or you are in denial!)

Emily said...

I am a lefty too!!! I hate the binders and notebooks and smeared ink both on the paper and the side of my hand also and I was forced in school to cut with scissors using my right hand so now I can't cut with my left hand. SO WEIRD! I love your blog!

N Luthi said...

I actually didn't realize that you were a lefty...wow my powers of observation rock! lol.

Walter Family said...

It's so fun learning this stuff about you! I'm so jealous you went to BYU Hawaii! That would have been fun! I'm left-handed too, but it is confusing because you do end up learning to do some things right-handed, so in sports I'm right-handed, except frisbee of all things! Bowling was confusing for many years! Ha ha! I'm also a "to do" list maker, it's the only way I can get things done and it drives Mike crazy! :)

Angie said...

I love when you vent about being a lefty and I make "organized piles" all the time too. lol.

Henderson said...

Dave tells me riding in the car and listening to music with you, Angie, and Michelle was quite the experience!

Beth and Jess said...

Ok I feel so old. You were a sophmore 10 years ago? Jess and I are going to celebrate our ten year anniversary in a month. I am old.

OLIVERSONFAM said...

I have the same Pile Problem....Andy always asks how many piles I made to make the house look cleaner....The only thing I hate about my piles is going through them when it comes time to actually clean.

Kristin said...

This was a great idea....did you think of it all by your lonesome?? I feel old reading it too....I would have to do 15 & 10 to be back in high school, so I'll wait to do this post when I feel like being young again. You have a lot of problems when you actually write them down and read about them!! Still love you though!

Becky said...

Wow time does fly...huh? But, what a great place to be in life!!!