Wednesday, September 10, 2008

State Fair

Of course we had to hit the good old Utah State Fair this past week. My whole family met up and we had some good times. Of course we had to walk and see all the animals, ride the ponies, ride the rides, and then grab a bite to eat. I have to say that that place draws quite the people. I think I could go there and sit on a bench and watch everyone. People are plain old WEIRD. But hey...I enjoy the white trash at times and have to join in.








We put Ethan on a few rides. He loved the merry go round and the pony, however he wasn't too thrilled about these cars. We asked the lady if they were slow...she said, "yeah, pretty slow." So we stuck the little boys on it. Well it's like the scrambler at Lagoon when it rounds the corner...ok maybe not that bad, but when your 18 month doesn't quite get to "hold on," it's a little terrifying. Jack didn't know what to do when Ethan slammed into him and Ethan had the death grip on Jack's shirt. The ride finally ended when Ethan slipped under the seat belt and was hanging on by his head! It was a good laugh for us but I hope we didn't traumatize him!!




9 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Wow...what fun. I love the pic of Ethan in the car...So dang funny. He does look like he enjoyed the pony!

I have to say...it has been a long time since I have gone to the state fair. Look at what I missed out on.

OLIVERSONFAM said...

I can't stop laughing as I think of Ethan on that car!!
The same thing happened to a little boy when my kids were on it. They had to stop the ride to pick him up off the floor of the car. He was SCREAMING!
It definately is NOT a slow ride!

Angie said...

lol. Look at Ethan freakin out!

N Luthi said...

How sad is that in the car...oh poor boy! Your parents look cute together!

Beth and Jess said...

Oh the look on your nephew's face when Ethan is grabbing him is hilarious. Poor baby I bet he was terrified. I love the State Fair.

Jill said...

Ethan is such a stinkin cutie, I love his little smile. he shows so much expression in his different faces. That is so funny about him on the car.

Megan said...

Lets talk about how cute your boy is. I can't believe we are both married and have baby boys. What happened to the Kara I used to play pretend and dance with. Do you remember how dorky we used to be. Well I still am, but seriously I can't believe how time flys. So good to see how good you and your family are doing. Miss you.

Becky said...

Looks loke Ethan is having a "Blast!!!"

Isaac and Dallas said...

I can't believe you put him on the car ride. I love the picture. It is so funny. Poor kid is scared to death. I can't believe the lady sad they would be fine. Good memories.