Monday, September 29, 2008

18 Months Old

My baby is 18 months. Where did the time go? We went to the doctors for his 18 month check up and he is healthy and lookin good. The doctor said he acts like a normal 18 month old....in my words PSYCHO! He gibber jabbers, makes animal noises, throws HUGE tantrums, sings songs I don't understand, dances, and still pushes around his favorite stick. He is getting so big. This age is so much fun, yet so much work. I feel like there is never a dull moment in my life. He is constantly making us laugh and is eager to learn new things. He loves outside and throws a huge tantrum when we come back in, and his new favorite thing is Kurt's phone. If he sees the phone and doesn't get to play with it, it's a rolling on the ground tantrum, which then gets threatened with time out....and then we start all over again. He is an awesome sleeper at night and has been since three weeks old. He sleeps from about 7 p.m. to 8 a.m.....but nap time is a different story and we are working on staying asleep for longer in the day. He still loves his blanket and binki (need to get rid of that one soon) but calls both of them "mine!" He sounds like the birds on FINDING NEMO when they are all sitting on the dock yelling, "MINE, MINE, MINE!" Being a mom is the best and every day I'm reminded by my jabbering 18 month old. Here are the current stats from the doc....
Height: 32 in. (50%)
Weight 24.4 lb (30%)

11 comments:

OLIVERSONFAM said...

I LOVE those PSYCHO 18 month olds...and the 2...3...4...5 year old psychos...I think no matter the age...There are always those moments where you swear something has taken over their bodies...cause they certainly are not your child!!...Tantrums are the GREATEST!!
At least you get a full nights sleep, so you don't have to worry about strangling him! :)

Melanie Palmer said...

Hey Kara, this is Melanie (Kristin's friend) I saw your blog on hers. Your family is so cute, it's weird to see you all grown up!

My baby is 5 yrs apart from my last child, so I kinda feel like a first time Mom again. I forgot how crazy this age is (she is 19 months old) and am glad you have the same issues so I can feel like she is somewhat "normal". Keep posting all the crazy stuff you have to deal with so I don't feel so alone!

I'm Mindy. said...

Big milestone Ethan!! Such a crazy fun stage...enjoy it. The terrible two's and three's are on their way.

I love that Ethan weighs 3 lbs less than Tyler. What happened??

We love you Ethan...

Angie said...

What a cutie. Healthy, happy and pyscho. Just like his mommy.

N Luthi said...

SO happy that all is well! He is still so stinking cute! Your family pics turned out so cute as well, we just had ours taken too but i haven't seen them yet.

Henderson said...

What, Ethan sleeps 13 hours at night since 3 weeks!?!? Not fair. He is so adorable, I love the pictures. I can't wait to get our boys together at Christmas. They will be 2 psycho peas-in-a-pod.

Walter Family said...

Ahhhh! He's too cute! I think my kids are still in the psycho stages - I'm not sure if it ever ends! It's definately entertaining though! I'm so jealous of how well Ethan sleeps at night! Both of mine could live off of no sleep, I swear! :)

Jill said...

What a cutie!!! He is so normal. It's the terrible twos, and it starts a lot sooner than two. And, unfotunately, it lasts longer than two. He needs a sibling :P

hollyw said...

Wow! He is getting so big! And hey, 18 months means NURSERY!!! Hip hip hooray!
I loved the family pictures! You have such a cute family!

Keelee said...

Awe... he seriously looks exactly like your hubby!!

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

I can't believe he's already 18 months! He's an entire 17 months older than my little guy! He's so cute and I love all of your updates! We miss you! Any trips planned to Arizona?