Sunday, August 31, 2008

Swiss Day Madness

Every year it's a tradition that the girls in my family go to Swiss Days up in Midway. My parents own a second home up there, so we are lucky enough not to have to try and find a hotel....which all are booked months in advance. So Thursday afternoon me, my mom, sister, and sister-in-law headed out, no kids and all. We of course had to stop at the Cheesecake Factory and do some shopping at the mall.
And of course we left with tons of food and a cheesecake for each of us. I mean who goes to the Cheesecake Factory and doesn't get a cheesecake.Friday morning we got up and did some major shopping over at Swiss Days. The place is a mad house. Every year it gets more and more crowded. It is seriously mad chaos. Most of the time you've got to push yourself to the front of a booth just to see what the chaos is about. For those of you who don't know what Swiss Days are...you are missing out. It's a huge park filled with about a hundred different booths selling anything from pictures to bracelets. People like Rod Works are always there. It's like a big boutique. Anyways we made out with some good purchases and even got a good parking spot.Later on Friday afternoon the boys all showed up with the kids and we spent the day hanging out. For dinner we each went our own way and then met up at a park to eat and let the kids play.







Saturday my dad wanted to head over to Swiss Days to let the kids jump on those blow up toys. They are all blown up on a tennis court, so you can imagine how packed it is, and half the time you are squishing in between two of them to get to another one. Its was fun though and the kids always have a good time. We also had some awesome Navajo Tacos that are made on gigantic scones. Basically we all love to go for the scones. Before shopping on Friday we all get one for breakfast, and this year we went back and had the tacos for lunch. (Mmmm I'm just craving one thinking about it right now). I'll have to get a picture next year of how HUGE the scones are!







Ethan became my dad's shadow the entire trip. He loves my dad and won't go to anyone else but him. Here he is thinking he's so big sitting with Grandpa.
The rest of the day was spent watching the U of U & BYU football games on TV, going to the park, and going on golf cart rides. It's always fun to spend time with my family. It's not always that every one in every family can get together. We are so lucky that both sides of our family live here in Utah and can get together often! Now I can look forward to next year again and the crazy purchases we will make. However, I did come home with an awesome picture of the Salt Lake Temple with tons of flags all in front of it. Can't wait to hang it up!



11 comments:

Tanya said...

I LOVE SWISS DAYS!! I am so glad you had a good time. Ethan is so cute!

Keelee said...

FUN!!! Gotta love girl outtings!! Too bad I missed ya, we were there for just a little bit.

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Your night out with the girls looks like FUN...Especially with NO kids and Men!!
I haven't been there for years....Maybe I should book a room now so I can be first in line for the SCONES!!

Ariel said...

I've always wanted to go to Swiss days. I love the picture of Ethan in the Orange shirt--soo cute :)

I'm Mindy. said...

Glad you had such a great time. Swiss days...is well...something else! Sad I missed it this year, but hey...theres always next year!

N Luthi said...

I was totally there all day saturday with my mom and sisters we go every year too. How funny is that! Too bad I didn't run into you there!

Kristin said...

Always a fun weekend, and it makes me happy to be able to sit and watch you & Kurt chase Ethan around. Such a fun age! Thanks for the good times & for watching awesome movies with me & Cais, next year its the 3D version....SWEET!

Emily said...

I So love Swiss Days too! (and the cheesecake factory too Yum-O) It has been a long time since we have been though. It sounds like it has become bigger than when I was there.

Walter Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I never even heard of it! My relatives are from Switzerland even! LOL! I'll have to check it out next year!

Beth and Jess said...

I love Swiss Days my grandpa grew up in Midway and we went up every year. Ethan is so cute!!!!

hollyw said...

Sounds like a blast! Ethan is so cute!!!