Sunday, August 3, 2008

St. George...

This last Wednesday Kurt left for Scout Camp. Not wanting to just sit at home and wait for him to get home I decided to call my mom and see if she wanted to go to St. George with me. My parents have had a condo down there since I was about two and St. George has always felt like a second home. So Wednesday afternoon after Kurt headed out I picked up my mom and we headed out. No worries that it was only about 110 degrees a couple of the days....yuck!

It was so much fun just being with my mom. We ate, shopped, swam, shopped more, watched movies, killed bugs while screaming, went to the park, and made a midnight trip to Walmart to get Breaking Dawn....ok my mom didn't make that trip but I did....ha ha ha! We mostly sat around and laughed at Ethan and all his quirks that you can't help but love. He thought he was so funny, my mom laughs at just about everything he does, so he started laughing at himself!!

This was on the way down at a gas station. We stopped for a potty break and to let Ethan run around for a bit. While I was in the bathroom my mom put this hat on him and he wouldn't take it off, but as soon as I wanted a picture with it on, he wanted nothing to do with it! So here is the crusty face once again.
Swimming at the pool!

Don't worry that I had to pack this carpet rake with us. It's a new obsession! It entertains him for hours and hours. I figure why not take it if it's going to keep him busy. Low and behold he pushed that rake around all day long. Every time I changed him the rake laid across him, but I drew the line on letting him take it with him for naps. I don't know what it is, but anything that has a stick like a broom, paint roller, or noodle he loves. I guess if it's good entertainment why not!
Eating yummy suckers from the Pasta & Pizza Factory!!
Swinging with Grandma at the park....it didn't last long since we were dripping with sweat about two minutes out of the car.
...and finally crashing at the end of the day.

I'm so glad we went down and got away while my hubby was gone! I hate being home alone! Thanks again mom for everything! It's always fun for some one on one mom and daughter time! Thanks for making me laugh so hard! I love you!!

8 comments:

N Luthi said...

What a fun trip! I love the picture with the fur hat! His face is so cute!! Its so funt o take just a mini vacation!

Beth and Jess said...

Mmmmmm.....I want the pizza factory. He is so so cute.

OLIVERSONFAM said...

He makes such a CUTE Davy Crockett!
St. George looks like FUN!
Good thing you brought the Carpet Rake along...That is Hilarious!!
At least he made the carpet look good while you stayed inside, away from the heat!

I'm Mindy. said...

So dang fun. I am glad you had such a grea time...Sounds like fun!

Angie said...

I can't get enough of your little guy. Remeber when jsut you and I went to St. George and it was like 200 degrees so we went down to the pool and lasted MAYBE 10 minutes without getting in the water. lol. Good for you. Looks like a blast!

hollyw said...

Those suckers from the Pizza Factory are so good! (So is the pasta, but I would like the sugar!) Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!! Love the Davy Crockett hat :)

Jill said...

Love the crusty face. Christian has a similar one but he uses it when we're scolding him. St George looks like fun.