Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Day at the Zoo

We finally made it out to Hogle Zoo. I've been wanting to go all summer, but kept putting it off. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the zoo. I haven't been there in years and I thought it was clean and actually didn't smell all that bad. Ethan seemed to love it. He was too interested in everything to even look at me for a picture. He had to wave and yell "hi" to every animal we saw. What is it about animals that kids love so much!?




And the good day ended with a slow motion trip, landing right on his nose.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! I want to take Ollie to the Zoo one day...I better do it before it starts snowing again! :) Ethan is looking so grown up these days!! Super cute!!

Jill said...

How fun. My kids love the zoo too. It's the animals that they dont see everyday. He's almost as big as the big ape's.

Kristin said...

Looks like fun! I love how he tells everyone 'hi'....and I'm sure the animals loved it too! Just wait until you get to do the awesome field trips there, now that's fun!

hollyw said...

Don't you just love the zoo. I could spend days letting my kids run from animal to animal.

I'm Mindy. said...

Glad you guys made it to the zoo! I have to agree with you...they have made major improvements.

Too bad about the "boo boo" on Ethans nose...One of those hopeless situations as a parent. You know what is going to happen...and you cant do anything to stop it.

N Luthi said...

How cute! I have been wanting to go to the zoo for so long! Poor nose!Ouch!

Hess Fam said...

he is getting so dang big! he is so cute! I love it!

The Jacobson Family said...

He is so cute, I bet he loved the zoo, we need to take Sky there again soon.

anne said...

Kara-those pics are so cute! I love going to the zoo. Ethan's poor little nose!!

Keelee said...

He is so stinken cute!! Love that last pic is priceless... poor little guy!