Saturday, December 3, 2011

Our Elf Arrived...

Our elf, Johnny, has ARRIVED. I found this super cute idea for our elf to make his appearance this year. Last year was our first year doing "The Elf on the Shelf" and Ethan absolutely loved it. So this year I thought it would be fun to start a new tradition...(thank you lady on Pintrest and to my cousin Annie for showing me what Pintrest was.)
Johnny returned this year with a BANG! Some new table settings,
gifts for the kids,
donuts straight from the North Pole,
and even a letter for Ethan & Reese.
We made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, had milk in our new sippy cups, powdered donuts for desert, and then finished off with Kurt reading the book to the kids to remind them why Johnny was here.
Nothing beats the excitement of having your four year old run into your room to tell you that our elf has come! He was SO excited!! I love the excitement at this age. All morning long he has been talking to Johnny and he can't believe that Johnny brought us all of this stuff. He is convinced that he brought it all in the Santa hat that he left for him. Here's to hoping Johnny makes this next month a little easier while we wait for Christmas to come! Let the Christmas season begin!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

So cute!! You are such a good mom...love everything that Johnny brought. Wish you could take care of stuff like that at my house! xoxo

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

Love it! Our elf is Spidey (yes, for Spider Man).

Walter Family said...

What a cute idea!!! I just love new tradition ideas - I might have to try that one! How fun!!

I'm Mindy. said...

So cute..That is such a fun age.

James and Heather said...

I saw this idea on pinterest too and I can't wait to do it for Lucas in a few years! Soooo darling!!!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

LOVE IT!!
SOOOOO CUTE!!