Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas

Christmas was a lot of fun this year. Ethan is at that age where it is so magical to him. At about 6:45 he threw open our door and told us that Santa had come. He was beyond excited! We got up and took the traditional stair picture. Some how this year Chucky joined us! (I can't stop laughing at Reese in the picture)
Reese saw her rocking horse and none of the other presents mattered. Ethan tore open the his presents the minute he laid eyes on them. I think he had all of them opened in record time. We were lucky enough to have my mom spend the night so she was there with us on Christmas morning. We saved the gifts we were going to send to Japan and let her open them here. Kurt got some fun things for our bikes and I got a quilted minky blanket that I LOVE along with a gym bag and some work out clothes.
It's our tradition to have a breakfast in the morning so this year we had some rudolph pancakes, thanks to Pintrest. It wouldn't be an eventful morning if something didn't go wrong....Kurt opened our back door to let Kya out and we didn't realize that our alarm was going off, the pancakes burned, and about thirty minutes later we had police knocking on our door! I don't think he was too happy to know it was a false alarm.
Later that morning we went to church. then headed to my sisters to exchange gifts and hang out for a little bit, and to end the day we headed to Kurt's mom and dad's to exchange gifts and spend some time with his family! Even as exhausting as Christmas day is I always love it! We had a great Christmas! I have to admit thought that I'm excited to take down the clutter!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

A chuck picture is a MUST at some point in everyone's life. I love it!! Love the drama of your morning, loved being together...a perfect day!

I'm Mindy. said...

Oh my goodness...what a busy day. Crazy drama and all...