Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Remembering those who have went before us!

For Memorial Day this year we went and visited my Grandparents, two cousins, and my Uncles graves. My parents weren't here to do it, and to be honest, we haven't been very good about visiting graves on Memorial Day, so this year my siblings all thought it would be a good idea to go! We picked up flowers and headed out in the cold weather! (Seriously...is it really almost June and we haven't broke 80?) We first went to my sweet Grandma Audrey and Grandpa Glen's graves. It's crazy to think that they've been gone for 4 and 5 years. It feels like yesterday that we were having all of our Margetts' family parties at their house. I'm sad that Kurt never really got to know my Grandma and that my kids never got to know either of them. Ethan was just a baby when my Gramps passed! Right next to their graves are my two cousins. I don't know how my aunt and uncle were able to bury two children within three years! I am so grateful that they are all together and knowing my Grandma, she's probably having lots of parties in Heaven. While we were there I was also able to visit a sweet friend of mine who passed away ten years ago! She was only 17. It was fun to reminisce of our fun times growing up and craziness in high school! She was too young to go!
...and can this picture describe every one of these kids better. Of course Ethan was throwing a tantrum about having to smile in the picture because it "take a LONG LONG time!" Preston is just chillin, and everyone else is looking at Ethan to see why he is yelling! Oh how I love my four year old!
We then headed to Riverton where the freshness of my Uncles passing still lingers. His grave looked beautiful with all of the flowers! We were able to joke and laugh and remember the fun times with my sweet Uncle Craigy! It looked beautiful! I love looking around at the cemeteries on Memorial day and see all the beautiful flowers and just remember all those that have went before us! I sure miss all of those in my family that have passed (there are more we didn't make it to visit) but am SO grateful for the knowledge of eternal life and that families can be forever!
After visiting the graves we went for some pizza. Then that night we headed to Russ & Lynettes for a BBQ! Of course my camera stayed in my diaper bag on the counter, which did a lot of good! No pictures this year!

2 comments:

Walter Family said...

What a neat thing to do! I've never gone to visit any graves on Memorial Day, but I think I want to start. I love the picture of all the kids - the "imperfect" pics that show kids' personalities are the best! :)

The Blanchard Family said...

Wow! I love that you guys ventured out to pay tribute to your family members/friends who have passed on. Memorial Day has a whole new meaning to me these days ;) We need to get together again soon. Hope all is well!