Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Spring Soccer

Ethan just finished up playing soccer! This was the first sport we've tried and I'm already convinced that it's NOT the sport for him. After multiple melt downs on the field after being touched by someone, anger issues when the other team scored, and shoving with his elbows, I think that a NO contact sport might be better! My brother and hubby both coached our little tiny Pre-K team. Only one of the boys had played before and he was one of the smallest ones on the teams. We usually got scored on about 30-0 but Ethan did make about four or five goals, two of them being in the wrong goal! I laughed when the Taylorsville Summer Soccer League came around in the mail...I think we will pass! It definitely made for some good laughs, some parental drama, and constant bribing. Gotta love sports!

6 comments:

Deb and AJ said...

Oh,Kara you make me laugh!

The Blanchard Family said...

Glad to know that I am not the only one who will never sign their kid up for soccer again. I think I aged 10 years while Stock was playing...silly I know. Also glad to know that I am not the only mommy bribing her child to get into the game a little bit ;)

Kellie said...

I LOVE it! And I'm really sorry that Kurt missed the official pictures when he was helping us move :( Ethan is so cute though; at least you stuck with it!

the cole family said...

Amen, sista!!! Audrey's only 3 but we put her in the Tville Spring Soccer too...and now we know that team sports are probably not appropriate for her at this young age!! Hahaha

She was on a pre-k team as well...they had maroon shirts. I wonder if we would have played each other had we not missed a few games. I did see Margetts listed as a name on the coach list and thought of the Margetts I knew but I thought for sure your little guy was older than pre-k.

Rosalie said...

Oh but he looks sooooo cute! He will grow out of the drama king stage...Matthew did the same thing! It's fun though! Congrats Ethan!

I'm Mindy. said...

This post is hilarous.... We all go through those things, trying to find the things that our kids will enjoy! Joy in the Journey, right?! :)