Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Gingerbread Train


This year I decided to start a tradition with Ethan....the good old Gingerbread houses. I tried this tradition when Kurt and I first got married and it didn't work out too well. I thought it was fun and Kurt thought it was lame. Now roles have reversed. After a minute of trying to break the gingerbread cookies apart, and the frosting not sticking, I was ready to be done. Ethan however thought it was a blast and kept decorating away. Along with sneaking mouthfuls of frosting from dad and shoving his mouth with candy. The train was a hit and maybe we will keep going with this tradition next year...only time will tell.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Super cute!! Cais and I were just chatting last night about getting one to do with our kids! I love the train!

The Broughs said...

You are such a good mom...Ethan is getting so big, I can't believe it. We need to get together before christmas time gets too crazy!

Kellie said...

That turned out so cute, you are a good mom! That will be a fun tradition... even with the frustrations :)

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

How fun! I want to start traditions with Adam, but I think he's still too little, maybe next year we can try the gingerbread train!

Jill said...

YUMMYYY!! That's the best thing about gingerbread houses, they are so yummy during assembly and during desembly!

Tyler and Jill said...

Judging by the fact that Ethan LOVED the train at the Festival of Trees, I'm sure he loved decorating a gingerbread train. I like it!

I'm Mindy. said...

That is so fun. Ethan looks so proud of his work!

Isaac and Dallas said...

That turned out super cute. I bet EE loved it. The train is cool. I have never seen that one.

Margetts Fam said...

Fun! Ethan kills me! He is too hilarious!

The Blanchard Family said...

So cute! You are such a fun mom. It would be fun to get together! I would love to just as soon as my little guy can go out and about without too many worries!

hollyw said...

He looks so grown up sitting by that train!