Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tis the Season!

Thursday night we bundled up and headed out to see the lights. What's better then seeing the lights at temple square to bring the holiday spirit? We have been telling Ethan we would take him on trax...and since it looks pretty much like a train he would ask me every day if it was the day to ride it. Finally on Thursday we ventured out. Here we are waiting for trax to come.


We made it down town on a crowded trax due to the Jazz game and the program going on at the conference center. We hopped out and started making our way to the temple. About two minutes into the walk I turned to Kurt and told him I was going to become an ice sculpture. It was FREEZING. Kurt laughed it off like a was a sissy (the man didn't even wear gloves..what an idiot) and continued on to see the lights. About five minutes after that I think my husband realized how cold it really was. We made a quick loop around the temple and then ran back to trax and waited for it to arrive. For some reason when you are freezing it feels like time moves SO slow. I swear we waited for an hour for trax to arrive, however I'm told it was a mere five minutes...I beg to differ! So the attempt to see the lights was short lived, but the train ride was a hit and I had a happy two year old.

Since Temple Square didn't quite bring me the holiday spirit I wanted, my awesome in-laws got tickets for the whole family to go see Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean last night. This is a tradition every year. I think we all have the script memorized by now, but nothing can bring the real meaning of Christmas like this production can. I LOVE the show and it is such a good reminder in the hustle and bustle of why we celebrate Christmas. If you haven't seen it, make a note now to get tickets next year! It is so much fun, keeps you laughing, and lets you feel the spirit. Thanks again to my in-laws for providing such a fun festive night!

3 comments:

Walter Family said...

You guys are brave! I've been hating just walking from my car into a store! :) Still it sounds fun! That's awesome you got to see The Forgotten Carols! We used to listen to the soundtrack with my family every Christmas and I got to see it when in college. I need to go again, it's been forever!

I'm Mindy. said...

What a fun story! I bet Ethan loved the "train"! It was good to see you friday. Wish we could have gone to dinner so we could have talked more.

The Blanchard Family said...

We still need to make that adventure, but I have been putting it off until a warmer day. . .don't think that will be happening! Ethan is so cute and you look awesome!