Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Came

I think the process of Christmas drags forever and then in a split second it's over!! However it's so much fun that even for the second, it's worth it. Kurt and I were more excited this year then in the past since we knew Ethan would be excited when he saw all of his stuff. It was a great morning filled with getting up early, Grandma Lynette and Grandpa Russ stopping by, a big breakfast, Kya almost dying, and then a day of visiting with both our families.

Ethan was super excited to see his train table and his black puppy! The only two things he wanted from Santa.
Next came a surprise from Grandma Sherry and Grandpa Sherm....his very own F150 power wheels. We hid this and showed it to him last knowing that he wouldn't get out of it....we were right! It's been a hit every day. He bumps along down the road thinking he's quite cool while blasting his tunes. It's pretty funny to see.

Next we headed over to my sister's where Grandma and Grandpa had more presents waiting. Reminds me so much of going to Grandma Audrey's with the punch, food, and all the surprises. The kids got spoiled. Then we headed to Kurt's mom and dad's for some yummy food and even more presents!! We were spoiled again. Thank you everyone for all the gifts. I love spending time with both our families. We ended the night by talking to my parents on the phone and even getting to see dad...which is sometimes a rare occasion! It was such a great Christmas and we hope all of you had the same!!

I also just need to say how thankful I am for everyone in my life. I'm so blessed to have two wonderful families and a loving husband who I love so much. Every year I seem to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of shopping and sometimes forget to remember the true meaning of Christmas. I'm grateful for my Savior and all the blessings he has given me. It's so nice to know the meaning of this life and why we are here.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

So fun to be with you guys on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day! Crazy busy time...but oh so fun!

P.S. Change your Christmas background!

I'm Mindy. said...

good times...Ethan looks so excited. It makes christmas so fun having kids!