Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. We started out by putting up lights...

then got ready and headed to Kurt's grandma's club house for an awesome Thanksgiving lunch with the entire extended family. Here we are ready to head over for some grub.

Then Friday we slept in some more....yes we avoided all the crazies out at MIDNIGHT - 5:00 A.M. (I shouldn't say crazies since I myself have went ONE time, and the hubster actually grew up doing black Friday...so my in-laws are pretty passionate about it...I love the stories). We did however hit up some stores around 9:30 and got some Christmas shopping taken care of. Then we set up all of our Christmas decorations while blasting Jewel's Christmas album on the ipod.

Lastly I enjoyed watching my COUGS take a win....and the Jazz kick some trash!! Hubster is quite disappointed about his Utes...but I was excited!! It's been a great weekend! Now back to the reality of Jordan Landing being so crazy that it takes an extra fifteen to twenty minutes just to get to Bangerter.

6 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

tis the season for crazy weather, people, lines etc!!! Gotta love this time of year!

Clifton and Melinda said...

I love that warmer with your decor!! I wasn't so much in love with it when I got it but it looks darling!! :)

Unknown said...

This year was my first year as a true "Crazy". Went out at 3:30 p.m. to stand in line at Sears. I then had to attempt to put a 150lb item in my cart. It's amazing how nice people are at 4:00 in the morning. Seriously, I thought for a moment that perhaps I should do all my shopping then... but that was the sleep deprevation talking :)

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

Kara- you look AMAZING!

Jill said...

Black Friday is really meant to sleep in! That's why it's called Blcak Friday. You cover the windows and sleep off all that turkey you just ate. Man I dont miss the madness of Jordan Landing but I'm really sad that they opened and In N Out after we moved :(
Ethat has gotten so BIG. I hope you guys are around this weekend. Then we can see how big he really is.

The Blanchard Family said...

Hey...first things first--YOU LOOK AWESOME! 2nd, I have been away from the blog for way too long and love the cute Ethan stories. I mostly love them because I have identical stories of my Stocky. Must be the age, but my house sounds just like yours! Hope all is well!