Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Craze!!

Where do I start! This is going to be quite the picture overload! We had lots of fun this Easter and included a few birthdays and BBQ's too!
I was so excited for this Easter, thinking that Ethan would probably get the whole basket thing. Obviously he didn't know what day it was, but we set out his Easter basket on the couch and let him off to play. Once he saw it he got all excited. He saw the matchbox cars first and was basically done with everything else. I had to open the Easter eggs full of jelly beans for him to look at the other stuff. He's also at that stage where he doesn't look at the camera...I was hoping we would some how skip over that stage....but it's here!
Next it was off to dying Easter Eggs...don't worry that all the matchbox cars had to remain with us on the counter. He was not about to leave those!! He had fun dipping them in, but mostly looking at them after they were all done. I think I had more fun dying the eggs!
Then it was church time, and of course the Easter outfit. I need to buy a tripod so that we can get a full family picture, so here is each of us with Ethan.

After church we went to Grandpa Russ and Grandpa Lynette's house to celebrate both Easter and Lynette's birthday! We ate and then headed out for an Easter egg hunt in the back. This was Ethan's first real Easter egg hunt, (I'm a bad mom and didn't take him to any of the local ones) maybe next year. Kurt helped him find the eggs and once he got the hang of it he was looking all over. Grandma and Grandpa loaded them with lots of candy and big bubble wands. Then we headed in for some cake and ice cream and to open presents.

Kurt made fun of me, but on holidays I go a little camera crazy. I had to get some of the whole fam. A big Happy Birthday to Lynette too! I have a wonderful mother in law who is so willing to do anything for us. We sure appreciate all that you do for our little family! Thanks for all the love and support and all the fun times! We love you and hope you had a good one.
Then for the ending of all the Easter activities we headed to my parents for our annual and LAST (sigh) for three years, Easter egg hunt! The kids always have one in the backyard and then the best one is in the front yard for us adults. We end up running around like little kids. Every year Kurt seems to get the most eggs, and everyone gets mad at him! I love it because usually I find the least! In the end we split it all even. Then it was off to Francesco's for some dinner!!
And last but not least....we finally bought him a swing set for Easter. We've been wanting to get one for awhile and finally found one that we wanted. He loves it and can't wait to go outside every day and play on it. It was definitely worth it!

Thanks again to both sets of Grandparents for a fun Easter!! We appreciate all that you do!! It was a great Easter and was also nice to go to church and remember all that Christ has done for us. We taught the Easter story to the Primary for sharing time, and I've never seen them listening so intently and asking so many questions. It was a neat experience to tell the kids all that our Savior has done for us and what he went through. I'm so grateful for the Gospel in my life. Hope everyone had a good Easter.

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Fun, fun! I love all your pictures, and I'm sorry it's the last easter egg hunt with your family for a while :(

I'm Mindy. said...

Cute pics...Looks like some good times.

The swing set looks like a big hit. Nice job!

Angie said...

You guys are nuts. I don't know how you do it. It's funny that our easter is pretty uneventful with just our little family and then I go to Kara's Easter which (to be expected) is an out of control dual family function. That is so great though! Looks like a blast!

Kristin said...

Nice post....Ethan cracks me up, he looks so little/sweet/innocent/calm in all the pics, but we know how he really is! A crazy/psycho/non-stop/kurt clone!! Hee hee

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

I can't believe how big Ethan is getting! He's a big boy! What a nice Easter!

The Jacobson Family said...

Looks like you guys had a fun easter, I bet Ethan loves the swing set. Love the pictures.

Walter Family said...

It looks like you had such a fun Easter! It makes it so much fun when little ones start understanding what's going on and get into it! I love the swingset too!