Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our Hawaiian Getaway

Hawaii finally came...and with a blink of an eye, it's done and over with!! This year was filled with lots of adventure, food, sno-cones, tanning, golf, wild Uno, pouring rain, and fun family times. My parents are kind enough to let all of us kids and our spouses trek along to Hawaii every year with them and then they stay one more week to recoup from us!! It's the life! This is the last time until 2012 for my mom and dad, so we tried to make it as fun and relaxing as possible. We left Friday morning and couldn't wait to get there. Warning: TONS of pics ahead! I like to document it all!!!
After checking in, hitting Chili's (which is tradition) before we ate our own arms, and then hitting Safeway and Costco, we were settled.
Saturday we all lounged by the pool and then the boys headed out to golf. Then we hit Kolohe's for dinner that night. It's a little eating establishment that sits right above the beach...and granted they charge you an arm and a leg for a hot dog, but it's somewhat of a tradition too. Don't worry that this time there were signs posted on the beach saying "Jellyfish. Swim at your own risk."Awesome!! Someone must have gotten stung!



Sunday we hit up The Cheesecake Factory, which is also tradition, and hit Ala Moana Mall and the Waikiki strip. Oh and of course the Roxy store.
Monday was a big day. I was nominated as the activities planner since we normally just lounge. This year I planned an ATV ride on the north/east side of the island. The tour takes you through some of the scenes that are filmed in LOST, such as Hurley's golf course, Jurassic Park, 50 First Dates, and more. Don't worry that on our way there I think a monsoon hit and I could barely see out my windshield....the partial view was also because of the crap car and it's windshield wipers. Anyways after pulling in to Kualoa Ranch, asking some dumb questions about getting wet, and convincing my mom after her five minute freak out of not going, we got on the ATV's and headed off in the soaking rain. It was actually beautiful and wouldn't have been such an adventure if we didn't get soaked. Thanks dad for the poncho's. Afterwards we cleaned up and headed to Outback for some dinner.





Tuesday we lounged more, played Uno, and went to a movie. Wednesday was also supposed to be a big day with a helicopter tour planned for us, but due to some maintenance problems we got bumped to Thursday, which ended up pouring rain, so we had to cancel all together! Huge Bummer! Maybe another year! But we did get awesome massages while the boys golfed again and hit the beach at the resort and some more Kolohe's later that day when they got back.





All in all it was a great trip! I look forward to it every year!! There is something about Hawaii, especially at Ko'Olina Resort that makes you forget about everything else. It was so relaxing and nice to just be with my hubby. There was no Ethan to worry about or chases after. That was thanks to my wonderful in-laws and aunt, who we couldn't of enjoyed this trip without! A huge thank you to you guys!! We love you and appreciate you so much! Thanks again mom and dad for an AWESOME trip! We love you and appreciate everything you do!!

18 comments:

Walter Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! That's so awesome you get to do that every year with your family! I've never been to Hawaii but hopefully someday soon I can convince Mike to take me! :)

N Luthi said...

oh my, you look so skinny and cute in those pics! SO FUN!

Hess Fam said...

How fun I am way jealous! I need a hawaii vacation! K and you look tiny!!! How the heck are you doing that???

I'm Mindy. said...

What a fun family memory!!! Seriously...love the ATV ride story. That is awesome!

(I love your swimming suit! You look hot in it!)

Ashlee said...

It looks like a blast and I'm glad you got to do some fun adventures this time. Goodness, Woman, you got way too tan. I'm jealous!!

Kristin said...

You are one HOT, SEXY, BIAAATCH!! Good times, I love being with you 24/7....so fun, you are the best sister EVER!! For real....you look soooooo good!

Kellie said...

So fun, and so beautiful!!! I'm so happy you guys got to go and do that; and I LOVE the rain panchos... classic!
PS. You are a babe :)

Isaac and Dallas said...

Looks like another fun trip. You look so good. Keep up the great work. Sorry about your plane ride. Maybe next time.

Kimberly said...

Kara I found your blog thru your sweet sister!! What great pictures, you look awesome and what a great last family shebang before the mission!

Kim Simmons (Marchant)

Annie said...

Soooo Jealous!! We just got back from Disneyland today, but nothing beats Hawaii. It looks like you all had a great time. You are looking great!!

The Jacobson Family said...

Looks like you had a great time, I love Hawaii I would love to go back there soon anyway you look so good, I'm glad you had a good time.

Brandi Johns said...

JEALOUS! WAY JEALOUS! Looks like a fun trip, and I bet it was great to getaway without the kid-o. Also, you look AMAZING! I am super impressed!!! Way to go!!!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

hahahaha....I think Kristin said it BEST!!....You look GREAT!

Your trip looks FABULOUS!!! I wish I was there right now! But I do have to say my week without the kids was GREAT!....even if I wasn't somewhere Tropical!

Margetts Fam said...

So fun! I am going to have to get some of your pictures! Thanks for a good time!

Ashlee said...

BTW - I forgot to add when I first posted - you look absolutely incredible!!! I'm way impressed.

Finding Joy in the Moments said...

So fun! Everyone needs parents like that. A trip to Hawaii is a ticket to relaxation. I bet you missed Ethan. It makes you love them even more when you come home.

Jessica Madsen said...

We are so jealous! That whole trip just looks abd sounds like so much fun!! The sunsets there are so incredible, and by the way.. you look absolutely AMAZING. Have I already told you that? What are you doing? Spill your secrets. You go girl!!

Beth and Jess said...

It sounds like you had such a great time. And you DO look amazing. You go girl. Maybe we will see you over here in 2012. Too bad we missed you this time.