Monday, March 30, 2009

A Birthday Bash


My baby turned two yesterday!! Time really does fly by!! I still remember when my water broke in the middle of the night, and the long day of labor...Well now Ethan is the big two. The terrible two's hit a couple of months ago, and are still continuing, but we do have lots of good moments.
On Saturday we took him to Build a Bear and he picked out a his "puppy." He wouldn't let go of it, cried when the lady put it in the box, and had to hold it all the way home. Yesterday we woke up and made him his chocolate chip pancakes and let him blow out his candles. Then we took him downstairs to see his truck that we had got him. He was so excited. He stayed downstairs all morning playing in that thing. He would load all of his other trucks in the bed and then drive around. He also gave his puppy lots of rides.

Last night we had our families and some friends over for some cake and ice cream. He got lots of fun toys and clothes. I tried to get pictures of everyone but missed a few people and Ethan wasn't having much to do with the pictures...I think we only got about three looking at the camera. A big thanks to everyone for coming out and for all the gifts.






Oh I do love this boy!!!!

21 comments:

N Luthi said...

Love the elmo cake...Happy birthday big boy!

Walter Family said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan! I can't believe he's two already! What a cutie! It looks like he had such a fun day!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY ETHAN!!
The party looks like FUN!....Now I feel REALLY BAD...Not only did you Man the WHOLE Primary by YOURSELF on Sunday....You came home to host a Birthday Party for a few Dozen people!...Sunday must of been a BUSY Day for you!....I Owe you one!

The Broughs said...

I can't believe its been two years already. Ethan is so cute and getting so big. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ashlee said...

I LOVE that cake - that is awesome. I can't believe he's two - cuz that just means my little one is gonna be two really soon. I remember being so jealous of you when you went about 3 weeks early with Ethan. He sure is adorable.

hollyw said...

Wow....The big 2!!! Happy Birthday Ethan!

The Jacobson Family said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!! I love the Elmo cake, it looks like he had a fun birthday.

Isaac and Dallas said...

Happy Birthday EE! We love ya. Thanks for letting us come and crash the party. The kids had a blast. I really can't believe he is two. Time goes way to fast. He is so dang cute.

I'm Mindy. said...

Thanks for the PARTY!! It was a blast! Ethan was so cute...such a personality!

Happy Birthday big boy...we love ya!

Kellie said...

Ag big boy Ethan! Thanks for having us all out, it was fun. And good job with all the pictures (poor Trevor :)

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

How fun! I can't believe he is two! Time does fly by! It seems like you had such a great party for him! Do you have any time off soon? Jeff has some time this summer so hopefully we can get together!

Mary Wenner said...

Wow you celebrated 2 and we are celebrating 5. Stratton's birthday is on April fools day we celebrated a little early becuase we wanted to got to chuck e cheese. It sure looks like you had a fun party.

Happy Birthday Ethan!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Etahn boy. Looks like you guys had a great time. I can't believe he is 2 already. How crazy!

Ariel said...

What the what?! I cannot believe you have a two year old! It looks like you had a lot of fun. HB Ethan!
Nice cake too.

Jessica Madsen said...

happy birthday Ethan!

Anonymous said...

TWO already!! I can't even believe this...Love the Elmo cake by the way :)

Keelee said...

Happy Birthday little guy!! That last pic of you and Ethan is priceless...soooo cute!!

Sherry said...

Since I have just learned to blog. I need to tell my boy....hope you had a wonderful birthday. I can't believe your 2. Look how fast those 2 years have flown by....3 years will go by fast too. I'm going to miss you so much,so I will need lots and lots of pictures. Kara great job on all the pictures now I realize how much work it is. Love you

Beth and Jess said...

I love the Elmo cake. So cute!!! And the truck. I want one of those. Happy Birthday Ethan!!!

sorensenpower said...

March birthdays are the best!

Ruby Ridd said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!! I can't believe you are 2 already!