Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Determined

Two year olds some how find out how to get what they want...even when they've been told "NO" a million and a half times. My child is determined to get what he wants. Last night I took a bath and of course it's not a relaxing bath because Ethan is in there splashing water on me and trying to get in. Soon after I got out and was getting dressed I heard him start screaming and walked in to this...fully clothed...and hating it...yet he was the one that wanted to get in...apparently not with all of his clothes on.

It makes me laugh how fast they start to develop and do funny things. Ethan is starting to put two to three words together, jump on things, throw lots of attitude, tells me he wants "pizza" every day, wears 2T and 3T clothes, size 7 shoe, still loves his "mine" (blanket), is obsessed with trucks and cars, loves his puppy...real and stuffed, loves being outside and throws a royal tantrum when he has to come in, loves to swing, wants to call Nana and Pampa on the phone all the time, and wants to drink milk and eat "mummies" (nummies...which he gets from Grandpa Sherm every time we visit) all day long. His vocabulary has gotten a lot bigger and he is starting to mimic everything that we say. I really think that he has some OCD in him, I would like to claim that it came from Kurt, but I am guilty of some OCD. He has to line up his cars and trucks just perfect, if one is out of line he has to fix it. We have to eat with about six cars lined around his plate. He wakes up wanting his "vroomies" and runs right to where he last put his cars, and lots of other weird quirks. It makes me laugh how much independence they want right now. He makes me smile and I love just watching him play and figure things out on his own. Two's might be crazy, but it sure is fun!

13 comments:

Henderson said...

Haha, that's so funny that he got in the tub fully dressed! Kids are hilarious, you gotta love 'em!

I'm Mindy. said...

What...he is hilarous!! Cute little man!

The Dabo's said...

Love the swing set. Where did you get it and how much? That's the only thing our park is missing is swings and that's the best part!

Kellie said...

It sounds like you're missing him already... He is so funny; and I love those pictures of him in the bath tub, what a cutie :)

Jesse said...

I love that he hated it when that is what he wanted the whole time! What a cutie. You look so good in all of these pictures...absolutely gorgeous!

Jill said...

What a cutie!! He is so funny, imagine if he's like this and he's ony two what is he going to be like as a teenager. I keep asking myslef that about Christian.

Beth and Jess said...

I love two year olds. They are so much fun. I love these stories about Ethan. He is hilarious. He seems to know how to get what he wants. Addi starts every question with "Mom say yes ok?" Then asks me what she wants. Trouble I tell ya.

Kristin said...

So weird that 'your' son would be a little OCD!! Love you!

Henderson said...

Oh, by the way. I was looking at your blog with Lucas sitting on my lap, and Lucas saw a picture of Ethan and said, "he's my brother!" I don't know why, but I guess Lucas thinks there is a bond there. When Dave and Lucas come out for the summer our boys should definitely get together!

N Luthi said...

love that he just jumps in with the clothes...so boy!

Tanya said...

That is so funny! Don't you wonder what goes on in kids heads sometimes? I love reading your stories about Ethan. He has the best personality!!

Finding Joy in the Moments said...

Wow he loves to play and be a big boy! cute pictures!

hollyw said...

I think it is so funny that you left him in the bath to take pictures! I bet he will never do that again!!! Two year olds make me laugh and want to cry all at the same time! He is such a cute little guy!