Monday, March 16, 2009

Eye Update


Ethan and I went to a two week post surgery check up on Thursday! The doc said things are looking good. Right now the eye that had surgery is a little over corrected and not under corrected, which is a good thing. The doctor said he is right where he wants him. Now we make his eye work and bring the eye center. We are back to patching for two hours a day to make that eye use the muscles. The first day I think he pulled it off three times, now he's a champ. Hopefully this will be the last of surgery! If not, we will prepare to do it again.
I just got to say that Ethan is a champ. Seriously, the poor kid has been through some crazy things, and yet he doesn't care. He has worn his patch, taken medicine, worn arm restraints, been under three times, and just continues to be his crazy outgoing self. And it doesn't stop him from singing E-I-E-I-O right in the middle of the sacrament when everyone is dead silent at church!! Gotta love him.

12 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Yeah...I am so glad to hear that things are going well!! He really is a champ!

So...this may seem very weird. But when I pulled up your blog...I swore that the Picture of Ethan was Jack! (Weird huh...I cant get over it.)

Jill said...

He is such a cutie. And I thought that was him singing in the middle of sacrament. We heard someone over on other side of the room and we couldn't see who it was and then we saw your whole row laughing and looking at him and I knew it had to be him. What a funny guy.
And I think mom is a big champ too. It's probably not easy to see your little guy go through it but you do a great job.

Isaac and Dallas said...

He is a crazy kid. It is so weird seeing his eye all to the one side. I am glad he is doing good and is were he needs to be. Tell patch we will come and see him, Maysen wants to play.

hollyw said...

Hooray! We are glad things are going the way the doc wants them to! He is so cute... I wish I heard him singing in sacrament...it would make me feel like my kids weren't SOOO loud!

Allison said...

That was him! I had to laugh when I heard E-I-O, because my Ethan did the same thing a couple times when he was that age. It's good to know yours isn't the only kid.

Kellie said...

What a good little boy! I'm glad things went so well, we will keep hoping for the best!

Jessica Madsen said...

I am so happy to hear he is doing well. We hope he won't have to have surgery again too. I'd say you have been a champ right along with Ethan! You have both been through a lot. He sure is a handsome little guy!

The Broughs said...

Kara, I can't believe how grown up Ethan looks in that picture... can you believe he is almost two!?!? I am so glad things went well. Call me sometime, we need to hang out!

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

I am so glad to hear the Ethan is doing well! Poor little guy! He looks so cute! We really need to see you guys! We miss you!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

He is such a STUD!!
I missed the whole E-I-O thing!!
I must have been taking Trace to the bathroom for the 10th time in the Hour and 10 minutes!
I can't beleive how much Boy's pee!!....It's like, 'Get it all out the First Time'!!

Annie said...

Good to hear that his check up went well. He is such a cute kid just like his mom. It is amazing how happy kids can be even when they have to go through difficult surgeries and are in pain. They still try to be happy.

Chelsea Nelson said...

It is crazy how much that little guy looks like Kurt.