Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas

Wow! I can't believe that Christmas has come and gone. It seems like we were in such a hustle and bustle and then it was all over. I have to admit that I really do enjoy Christmas time, despite being gone almost every night. The Christmas season usually starts out with a tradition of going to The Forgotten Carols with Kurt's family and it always reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas and gets me into the spirit of it all. I love having my cute little family to spend Christmas with.


Christmas morning was so much fun this year with Ethan. He still doesn't get it all the way, and I think by the end of the day was overwhelmed with all the new toys, but he was cute. Every year since I can remember my mom always put a fresh set of sheets on our bed, so I've carried that tradition to my marriage and I make Kurt help put a fresh set on our bed. Well the ones that he got out of the closet this year were some cotton ones, and needless to say I was so dang HOT all night long. I tossed and turned because of the heat, and I'm sure because of the excitement too! Finally at about 3:00 in the morning I made my way out onto the couch where it was much cooler and was able to fall asleep. At about 6:30 Kurt was waking me up telling me Ethan was up, I don't know if that was true, or if he was just as anxious to get up. We got Ethan up and brought him out to his presents where he actually tore the paper off. We gave him a few different ones but as soon as he opened his truck he was done and off playing. It was pretty funny. Kurt and I gave each other our presents and then finally got Ethan to open the rest of his! It was such a fun and great Christmas!


Later on Kurt's parents came and stopped by to see what we got and see Ethan. Then about noon we headed to my parents for lunch and to open gifts. We had enough time to come home, nap Ethan, and then head to Russ and Lynette's for dinner and to open more gifts. We were completely spoiled by everyone and love ALL of our gifts!! It was an awesome day!! I was picture crazy in the morning and got lots of pictures and then by the end of the day when we hit Kurt's mom and dad's my camera was in my bag and we completely forgot to get it out. The sad thing is is that no one else in the family took any pictures either....so no pictures of the Jenkins family....maybe we might have to pretend we are doing it all again and take some pictures!! We hope everyone else had a Merry Christmas!!!






Now we can all take a deep breath and know that we have 11 months to prepare for the next Christmas season! Did I mention that I hate living near Jordan Landing during Christmas time!?? I love it all the other months!! They need to fix the dang light by Conoco or do something to get all that traffic straightened out!! Anyways Happy New Year!!

8 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Why were we so lame and forgot to get out the cameras? Do you think it was because we were getting tired?!

It was a great Christmas!

Walter Family said...

I'm so glad you had a fun Christmas! I can't believe it's already over too! Ethan is so cute - little ones just make Christmas that much more fun!

I totally agree about living by Jordan Landing, I dreaded leaving the house at all the week before Christmas! :)

I hope you have a happy New Year!!!

N Luthi said...

lOVE THE JAMMIES! You have such a great smile Kara!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

You know Kurt woke Ethan up at 6:30!
But, it's just so exciting to see your kids faces!
It looks like you guys had a GREAT Christmas!

Kellie said...

So fun! I'm sorry none of us had cameras at the Jenkins; lame! I LOVE Ethan's pj's!

Hess Fam said...

I can not get over how much Ethan looks like Kurt!! he is so dang cute!

The Broughs said...

Hey, Merry Christmas and a Happy New YEar. It was good to see you guys the other night. I am glad you guys had a fun christmas. Let's get together soon!

hollyw said...

Sounds like a great Christmas!