Sunday, December 14, 2008

Parent Excitement!!

So Kurt and I were all excited for it to snow so that we could take Ethan outside and let him play in it. We got him new boots, gloves, a hat, coat, and the snow overalls. On Saturday when all the snow fell we got him all bundled up to go outside and shovel with Kurt. We even stopped at Target the night before and got him a snow shovel of his own. (As most of you know, my child is obsessed with anything that looks like a broom) The shovel was a hit and was pure entertainments and giggles the entire night. He had a fit when going to bed because he didn't want to leave his "brm" behind. So Saturday morning it took both of us to get him dressed in his gear and after sweating and probably dropping a pound we got him ready. I'll let you take a look at the picture to see how this all turned out.
The snow was NOT a hit!! Looking at the snow through the window...a HUGE hit! I've come to conclusion that being a first time parent...well lets just say that I think we have more fun thinking that he will have fun. I'm sure he was freaking out since he could barely hold his shovel and I don't think he could bend at all. I'm a little paranoid of him getting a cold and getting sick. I hate when he has a cold and want to prevent it at all costs!! Anyways...maybe when it's not so windy or when the snow has stopped falling, then he can go out without all of his gear!!

9 comments:

Kellie said...

Ah buddy! That is so cute and a little sad :) Maybe it will just take a few outings for him to get used to it! But way cute snow clothes!

I'm Mindy. said...

Good times...The pictures of Ethan are awesome!

Hopefully soon he will join in the fun! (I cant keep my kids out of the snow!:)

The Jacobson Family said...

He is so cute, the pictures look so sad but they are cute at the same time, love the snow clothes.

Stephanie said...

That is so funny! I love it when I think my kids are going to have a blast. And then they slap me in the face and tell me it sucks!!
Seeing him all bundled up like that reminds me of "The Christmas Story" :)

Walter Family said...

How funny, poor little guy! :) Last year I remember bundling Ashton up like that, which seemed to take forever, then he'd only last maybe 2 minutes outside. I'm gearing up for letting the kids play in the snow tomorrow - hopefully they'll play long enough to make it all worth it!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Give him another year and he will be buggin you to put his boots and gloves on every hour!
He looks so stylin in his Snow Attire! Too CUTE!

Beth and Jess said...

I think Ethan needs a trip to Hawaii!!! :)

hollyw said...

Can you blame him? Who likes to shovel snow????

The Blanchard Family said...

I don't think I have ever seen that sweet boy mad/sad on your blog. I was seriously starting to wonder if he was just an ANGEL child or what???? He is such a cute boy! I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!