Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Golf Cart Sledding....

This past weekend us and The Coon's headed to Midway for a little get away. At first Dallas chickened out claiming that we might die on the road, but my hubby was adamant that we were going up with or without them. So without the Coon's we jumped in the truck and headed for Midway. The roads weren't bad at all, it took maybe an extra twenty minutes or so. We got up there, unpacked, ate dinner, and started the Jazz game. That's when I got a call from Dallas saying that Isaac was complaining so much that they were now on their way up.

We never do much up there, sleep, shop, eat, and let the boys go do whatever they want. Dallas and I both were taking a nap when three hours later Kurt and Isaac came in laughing their heads off and telling us that we needed to come outside. Let me remind you that I think it was like 6 degrees. We went out and they had hooked Isaac's tow rope up to the golf cart and were pulling the sled behind it. I got a few shots of us all riding, except for Dal who is prego (not wanting to go into labor) and holding Ethan for me while I tried to take pictures. Really the pictures don't do it justice, we were laughing so hard.
and this is what happened on my first try. Like I knew how to steer...I ran myself right into a snow bank, with no coat or gloves.

It was a fun and much needed get away!!

8 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

What fun!! (Kara you are so funny...a snow bank! That is something I would do!!)

Emily said...

That looks like so much fun! It is always nice to have a little time away. Kara you look so good! Everytime I see you you look smaller and smaller! You will have to tell me what you are doing sometime.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Why are you guys such nerds? However, this looks much safer than the 'golf cart skate-boarding'. Glad you guys had fun!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Looks like you guys had a TON of Fun!
You look a little CHILLY from your WIPE OUT!

Beth and Jess said...

Looks like tons of fun. But SUPER cold. I love Midway.

Kellie said...

How fun! I'm sorry you (fell) with no snow gear on; like Mindy, that is something I would do!

Foutz Family said...

Hey Kara-

Looks like a blast! Miss ya tons! Hope you had an amazing Christmas!

Love ya-

Amanda