Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter

Our Easter festivities started last Tuesday when some girls in the ward put together an Easter egg hunt at the park. We threw the eggs all over and the kids scrambled to collect the eggs. Ethan thought it was the coolest thing ever and Reese just chilled in the stroller in the freezing cold.
Easter morning was a lot of fun. Kurt and I should really get "Parents of the Year" award. Ethan came upstairs around 7 and we convinced him to lay in our bed for a little bit so we could sleep a tad longer. At some point he got out of our bed and I woke up to him next to my bed with a handful of eggs yelling, "you'll never believe it!! The Eater bunny left me a white basket that was hidden! I found it and it's on the table! I also found ALL of these eggs!" So our little guy had already had his own Easter morning while his parents slept in their bed! We are awesome!
We got dressed in our Eater clothes and headed to church! I love Eater Sunday! I'm grateful to be able to have a Sunday where we focus on our Savior and his resurrection. Then after church it was off to Grandma & Grandpa's for an Easter egg hunt and a yummy dinner! Only one more Easter without my parents and their CRAZY egg hunt! It was so much fun spending time with family and seeing my little guy get so excited!

5 comments:

The Dabo's said...

Sleep is SO important to me too! So don't worry about it. Glad your Easter was great!

Kellie said...

That is the best story ever! Ha ha ha :) I love all your pictures, especially the one where Reese is looking up at Ethan... so sweet!

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

The 4 of you are darling! So cute and such great smiles!

Angie said...

Cute cute pictures! I'll be in utah this weekend for Lauren's bridal shower but it's going to be a quick trip (in late friday night, leaving Sunday) but we're coming out again the first weekend in June and we'll be there Thursday-Sunday so we HAVE to get together. I feel like my trips to Utah are so quick and chaotic usually that I never get to see you. But let's make it happen in June if you'll be around. Cool?

Walter Family said...

Super cute pictures! That's so funny Ethan had his own Easter! Mike and I should have just let our kids do that - they were up at 6:30! We were so tired all day!