Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our Annual Swiss Days

Well we can officially say only ONE more Swiss Days and my mom will be home! Kind of crazy to think about. Don't get too excited, she just hit a year in July, so we still got two years! :( Anyways we didn't let the tradition die...even without my sister who was headed to Arizona with her family (and our fame photographer who usually takes a gazillion pictures of this event which we failed miserably at), Alaina and I lived it up at Swiss Days. We saw the same things over and over again, enjoyed our yummy scones, enjoyed ladies in full out sun flower jump suits, and most of all shopped like crazy! We had lots of fun! We headed to dinner on Thursday night, leaving our wonderful hubbies to play mom. We hit the outlets a little late but got some good Gap shopping in and then headed to Midway where I spent a WELL rested night! Friday we were up early to get all the goods at Swiss Days and then to lunch.
Our hubbies came up with the kids that afternoon where we just chilled for the rest of the day and had some dinner. Saturday we took the kids to the Alpine Slide. Ethan liked after some coaxing and showing him the slide and how it was like a car you could drive down. He said he wanted to go again which is better then screaming the whole way down.
On Sunday we got to go to my cousins Jill's little boy Jace's blessing. She's in town from Tennessee, so I was so excited that we would be there. We also got to see her up at Swiss Days with her CUTE little boy! She took some cute pictures at the get together after the blessing of our babies together, but I don't have the picture to post...so that will come later.

Wen ended our Labor Day with a BBQ with Kurt's fam. Of course I didn't get any pictures...but the weekend was lots of fun!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks like so much fun...I'm so sad I missed it, but you knew that. I'm glad you guys had such good times. I do however, have to say...the pictures suck. One group shot, and the scones...seriously? I can really tell I was missed in the picture taking aspect of Swiss Days.
I won't miss again...I promise!

Shell said...

Kara, you are looking so good and Reese is just a doll! Swiss Days looks like so much fun...I lived in Utah forever and never went and now I'm stuck out here in CT;-) You and your family are so adorable!

I'm Mindy. said...

Good Times!!! Looks like you guys had a great weekend..

Kellie said...

So fun! And I love the GAP clothes best :) I'm so excited for your mom to be back with you there!

Jesse said...

You guys are always doing fun things! I love the picture of you and Jill. You both look amazing!