Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Swiss Day Madness

Warning: This post contains lots of pictures! Every year the madness of Swiss Days gets worse. So why do we bother to come up?? It's a fun weekend full of shopping, no kids for a night, and pure sisterly fun! Without my mom home, we still kept up the tradition of our Midway/Swiss Day weekend. Mom sure brings some good laughs and fun that was missed while we were there, and only two more Swiss Days until she's here with us. My sister Kristin and sister in law Alaina headed out on Thursday night. We hit some good food at Texas Roadhouse and then hit the Park City outlets where we scored some cute deals.
After a fun night at the house and enjoying no kids, we stayed up late and then got up early to hit the shops over at Swiss Days. We all got some super cute things and mostly enjoyed the random crazy ladies who freak out at certain booths. We also had to have the huge scones that you can't go without, and we enjoyed some lunch at the Homestead after.
Later that night all of our hubbies came up with the kids. We ate at the park and then let the kids run crazy at the park. According to Phil and Kurt they had the "ride up from hell" with three boys in the backseat of Kurt's truck. Don't worry that Ethan poured water on Preston, wouldn't stop touching him, and they all wouldn't stop talking the entire way up. I assume next year they all might drive on their own instead of carpooling! Sorry Phil!
We got all the boys some matching pj's at the gap outlet!!
Saturday morning we woke up and ran the 10K, which has already been posted. Thanks to my sis and Caiser who watched the boys while we went and ran. After the race we hit the lake. The weather was pretty overcast, making it nice for us since NO ONE was on the lake! We practically had it all to ourselves. Kurt also scored big this weekend by checking out KSL. Some kid listed an air chair for super cheap, and Kurt was the first one to call and scored big. So this was the first time on our newly owned air chair.

Sunday was a lounge day. Just hung around, took naps, and let Kurt rest his knee. I think my husband has become a gimp. There will most likely be no more 10K's in his future. His surgery knee from five years ago was acting up and we would prefer to not have to do surgery again.

Monday morning we woke up, cleaned up, and headed to Deer Creek once again to boat with our friends the Woolstenhulmes. I forgot my memory card in my laptop, so no pics! Kurt attempted a back flip on the air chair. I got it on video but can't figure out how to load it since it was on my video camera. He almost got it, just needed a little bit more air.

Then off to home where we had a BBQ at Russ and Lynette's and celebrated Kell's big birthday! I wasn't very good about getting pictures of everyone, so here are a few of the fam.





It was quite the weekend!!!

8 comments:

Angie said...

I swear, your posts wear me out just reading about it all. (I better get to see that video of Kurt)

I'm Mindy. said...

Whoa...that was a fun busy weekend!! Nice job Kurt on the air chair!! Keep it up...you will soon land it completely!

Walter Family said...

What a fun weekend! That's so great you keep up traditions with your family like Swiss Days. Too bad we didn't run into you there! I love the pic of the boys in their matching PJ's - too cute!

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

How fun! I've never heard of Swiss Day but it sounds great!

Tyler and Jill said...

Dang! Lookin' good on the skis Kara and Alaina. Kurt you are a maniac in that air chair! I better get a ride in that boat when I move back. I like the black flower head band you had on Kara, that's really cute. Love Beto!

Jessica Madsen said...

Looks like a blast. I love the matching pj's, and will you tell your sis-in-law I want her cute headband?! Love that. The air chair looks like crazy fun too!

Kellie said...

That's so fun; I love the boy's matching jammies! So cute :)

Beth and Jess said...

I so miss Swiss Days. My grandparents grew up in Midway. We used to go every year. It was a much smaller thing back then though. Congrats on the 10K!!! that is so great.