Sunday, September 20, 2009

Are Sleeping Positions Genetic?

I know last year I did a crazy post about Ethan and his abnormal positions when sleeping, but I can't help it when I walk in every night to find him in these positions...

Kurt claims that Ethan and I should sleep together and let him have his own bed. I'm a wild sleeper, I always have been, and most likely always will be. You would think that my hubby would have learned by now. We got good advice from my family to get a king bed when we got married, and Kurt is VERY grateful that we did. Anyways on to my story...Ethan has never slept with Kurt or I. He has been a great sleeper, a light sleeper, but still a good sleeper since we brought him home. He started sleeping through the night at three weeks, and I've honestly never had to really get up with him....until this weekend! We spent Friday night up at East Canyon with Kurt's family. It didn't start off too good since Ethan wouldn't go to sleep until about 10:00. At about 2:00 in the morning he started freaking out yelling "Mom!" as loud as he could and was totally disoriented, not knowing where the heck he was. So since Kurt's brother was sleeping on the couch in the same room as the three of us Kurt picked him up and threw him into the FULL size bed we were sharing. Instantly I knew it wasn't going to work since every time you moved it sounded like you were sleeping on a plastic bag. I decided to move to the floor and let Kurt share the bed. By morning we all hadn't slept well and the first thing Kurt said to me was, "All he does is kick, thrash, and sleep sideways just like YOU!" I couldn't help but laugh as I thought of him being kicked in the head all night long!! Sorry babe....he may sleep like ME, but he acts just like You!

9 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

How he sleeps like that I will never know. It can't be comfortable.

Tyler and Jill said...

Tyler says the same thing to me. It must run in the Margetts genes to be wild sleepers.

The Broughs said...

That is hilarious! I bet you were WAY comfortable on the floor too!

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

How funny! Cute post!

Kellie said...

That is too funny; I love those pictures of him sleeping! Bennett does it too, I can't imaging him not in a crib... he'd be on the floor :)

Ariel said...

I remember the post from last year. I am so glad you posted more pics because it is just as hilarious now as it was then. How funny.

hollyw said...

Hee Hee that makes me laugh! Hope he is sleeping good now that you are home. He seriously has slept through the night since he was 3 weeks old???? That is fantastic!Watch out though, your next baby is not going to be a sleeper! :)

Mary Wenner said...

So fun to remember how I use to sleep when I was little.

As I got older I became less relaxed and have to have a comfortable bed with a pillow and covers.

cute blog Kara.

IT was great to see you at Travis and Jennifers sealing. You sure looked beautiful.

Keelee said...

This post cracks me up!! I'm the same way... I sure hope it doesn't carry on to my kids, ha.