Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Missionaries

It's official!! Mom and dad are now in Japan and full time missionaries. They were able to head into the MTC on June 24th. Luckily we were able to meet up and have some pizza with them that night and then it was back to the MTC until Sunday afternoon when they were able to come home, sleep, and then head to the airport early Monday morning. We went over Sunday night and had a BBQ and then were able to have some family time where my dad read us some really neat things. We each got a letter that my parents had written to us with the talk that my dad had read to us. I won't lie, it was so hard saying goodbye. I'm really going to miss them, but I think we all know it's where they need to be. It's such a bittersweet emotion. I'm just glad that we are now on the count down! Here we are after all the hugs and tears. One last family photo.
To update those who were wondering....we got a phone call this past Friday night for the first time from mom and dad. The best part is that all of us were together up in Midway so my sister put her phone on speaker and we were able to talk to them for about 30 minutes. They said it's been a whirlwind and they haven't slowed down one bit. Mom said she already has a love for the people and can't believe their dedication! And of course dad already had a love for the people from serving his mission there. All is well in the land on Japan and they are busy trying to get organized and let things TRY and slow down a bit!

2 comments:

Walter Family said...

That is so nice you got to get together with them one last time before they left, and got a phone call from them already. That will be such a neat experience for them! I hope you are doing alright. Like you said, at least the countdown has started - hopefully it will go by fast for you! And if you get to fit a trip to Japan in there somewhere, that will be awesome! :)

Beth and Jess said...

The new family pictures are sooo cute. You are gorgeous. I am sure it will be so hard without your parents around. My thoughts are with you.