Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July Celebrations

As usual our 4th of July always seems a bit out of control...ok not really, but it requires some major packing since we take the boat, and switch half way through between families. It's always a ton fun to be with both of our families and just to hang out for a good weekend. This year was a bit different since mom and dad weren't with us, but us kids still headed up to Midway on Thursday night to celebrate. Midway consisted of some boating, decorating cookies, making silly glasses, a kick ball game (which our team dominated), and some nice thick shakes at Dairy Keen.



Saturday we were off early to East Canyon to spend the rest of the weekend with Kurt's family. We of course hit the lake as soon as we got there, only to enjoy lots of wind and no sun! It didn't stop us from getting in the water and doing what we love. Too bad I didn't snap any pictures. The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out, playing in the water, yummy dinners, four wheel rides for Kurt, and fireworks in Hennifer.
and this is how much Ethan liked the fireworks....after awhile he warmed up and would watch.

It was a great weekend and always a good get away. I always look forward to getting away, even when it's only 45 minutes away. We also were able to talk to my mom and dad on Friday night as I mentioned in an earlier post!

4 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I am so glad you were able to talk to your parents. What a fun surprise.

I'm Mindy. said...

Fun stuff! Truly love the shot of Ethan hiding from the fireworks! So cute.

Angie said...

You guys are always doing something. I love it! I love that your able to spend so much time with both families and it'll be great to see you and your siblings still keepin it real without your parents there. Love the pictures, you are seriously one of my favorite bloggers and not just b/c you're one of my favorite people. :) Love ya!

Rondell said...

I hope y'all using sunblock on those children when out in the sun. You white people can cook real easily.