Thursday, June 25, 2009

Some Fun in June...

A couple of weeks ago we had some family pictures taken (which will be a later post, when they are all ready) and we took them at my Grandparent's mink farm. My dad grew up on the mink farm which is still ran by my other two uncles. With that said the mink farm is located on a canal road and while we were there we saw a mommy duck and her little baby ducks swimming. Ethan was fascinated with them and still hasn't stopped asking about the baby ducks.

So we headed over to take Ethan to see the ducks right off of 1300 w. Even though there were no baby ducks and lots of pigeons, Ethan had fun throwing the ducks bread. It's amazing how fascinated he gets by things like that and he doesn't forget. He's got a memory that remembers whatever it chooses. I hadn't been there in years and now it's all fenced off. I remember being able to walk right up to the water and throw them bread. Now it's like you are at the zoo standing behind a fence. He still enjoyed it though. Here are a few pictures.
We also got the boat all ready for the summer. We've got lots of boating adventures planned in July and I can't wait. We did take it out on a Friday night out to Utah lake for a test run to see how it's running and make sure that everything looked good. So far Ethan loves the boat, hopefully that love will continue. After about a half hour he was passed out on my lap, gotta love that.
Then this year we celebrated Father's Day a day early with my family. We had a BBQ and we were supposed to swim, but due to the wonderful weather that we are experiencing, it somewhat canceled the plans; however it didn't stop my dad, Kurt, and all the kids from getting in. Saturday's have always been the day where we go over BBQ and swim, so it was a little sad knowing this was the last Saturday we would all be together for a little bit.
Ethan was a maniac. I don't know what gets in to him but he is the biggest show off when people are around. It was freezing and he didn't care at all, just kept jumping in over and over. We then tried to put goggles on him, but with those long eyelashes he couldn't open his eyes. Here are some pictures we snapped. He is my little water bug who is starting to love the water. And how can you not laugh at this first picture....he's a nut!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little boy is soo cute! Hope you don't mind, I found your blog through Holly's. Don't know if you'll remember me from HS. Anyway, you look darling and your family is beautiful!

I'm Mindy. said...

Seriously...that is so lame that they put a fence around the ducks.

Ethan looks so cute in the little swimmer...

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

I love that picture of you! You look so great! HOT!!!! We miss you!

The Jacobson Family said...

You have such a cute family and your parents are awesome. I love the picture of Ethan he is such a funny and cute kid.

Finding Joy in the Moments said...

Great blog. It is nice to see all your fun activities. Hope to see you at the fam reunion. You and your skinny bod. Loved the duck story. Didnt know about the mink farm. Thats cool.

Walter Family said...

How fun! Ethan is so freakin cute! Seeing him in these pictures totally reminds me of Ashton...you are so in for it! J/K! As crazy as Ashton is, it's so fun to be entertained by him all day long - life is never boring with these little guys!

Kellie said...

I love Ethan! He is so cute, and quite the little fish :) Cute pic of your parents too!

Kristopher and Jessica said...

Kara! You were right next to my house when you were feeding the ducks! We live across the street behind the white fence! Looks like you had fun!

N Luthi said...

sweet posing! ps i LOVE your hair!

Rich and Nickie said...

Ha ha that picture of Ethan is classic...and the nemo speedo only adds to it! What a funny boy...such a crack up!

sorensenpower said...

Oh, wow! I love the first pic of him in his swimming suit. I can't even believe how funny that is!