Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July Happenings

Our 4th of July partying started on Monday. Kurt took Monday and Tuesday off so we headed to East Canyon to spend some time with his family. We boated both days and had fun hanging out with the family. 
Ethan LOVES his ski now. Last year we couldn't get him to ride it very long, let a lone stand up. Now he's riding it across the whole lake. He even jumped in and swam around this trip. I'm glad to see him loving it more and more. He's always been a fish in my parents pool but when it comes to the lake he gets nervous, probably because of how cold and dark it is. 
 Kurt and I were able to slalom together, but then I left it up to the real pro....
We have mastered the surfing. I love it! It's one of my new favorite things. It doesn't require a lot on the body and is so much fun.
We ended the trip Tuesday night with Kaylie (our niece) running into the condo yelling, "EMERGENCY EMERGENCY!" Then in walked Ethan screaming with blood EVERYWHERE. Kurt and I instantly jumped up and ran to the sink to try and find where the bleeding was coming from. Apparently he went down a big dirt hill on his bike and hit a rock which sent him flying off his bike. I'm grateful he had his helmet on or else we definitely would have been in the E.R. One of his teeth went through his lip pretty deep. We worries about stitches but know that they normally don't do stitches unless it's almost through. We decided to wait it out. Now he's got this pretty lip to show for his fall. Not to mention a bruised sided, bloodied fingers, and scratches all over. It could have been much worse if it weren't for his helmet! 
On Wednesday we headed over to my parents for a swim and BBQ with the fam. It felt just like old times having my parents back with us and playing with the kids in the pool. 
Later that night we went over to our neighbors for a few fireworks! It was a fun filled 4th of July week for us. It was strange having it in the middle of the week! I always love the holidays and spending time with the family. Doesn't get better then that.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I LOVE all those pictures, and seriously, could Reese's swimming suite be any cuter? I love it :) Fun 4th. We missed the Jenkins fam and the East Canyon fun! Glad you guys had a good holiday! Love ya.

Kristin said...

A fun filled week for you! Mom & dad made me promise not to post any swimming pics of them...you're gonna be in trouble, nananananana!!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

PERFECT 4th!!
Glad your mom and dad were here to share it with everyone!
Looks like you had a BLAST!

I'm Mindy. said...

We loved spending time with you guys! Thanks for taking us out. Kellie we missed you!