Tuesday, November 1, 2011

HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!!

I love Halloween! I love getting out all the decorations, the pumpkins, the candy, and most of all dressing up my kiddos. Kurt and I were pretty lame this year and didn't dress up at all. We have a good excuse since we missed the annual neighborhood party while we were in Hawaii!

Ethan: The Sheriff

Reese: The Bumble Bee
We started the Halloween week out by decorating a Haunted Mansion. I found this at JoAnn's and it was the best purchase. For a couple bucks more I got the house that was already put together!! That's right...no holding for hours while the stupid icing dried. We pulled it out of the box and let the kids go to town.

Later in the week was the ward Halloween party. Ethan ran around with all of his little friends and Reese walked around the gym struttin' her stuff!
Yesterday (HAlloween) Reese woke up not feeling well at all. The poor thing had a fever and just cried and laid most of the day. I had no other choice but to drag her out and about. We headed over to Ethan's preschool where he was all dressed up. They get to go out and wave to all the cars and try to get the cars to honk at them. It's hilarious and the kids love it! So just a little FYI...if you are ever driving on 12600 s. and right passed redwood road honk at the little kids waving! They get a kick out of it. Here they are on the road and then Ethan with his cousin Preston!
After the preschool we headed home and Reese took a four hour nap. After waking up I had a different baby. Happy as could be and feeling great! Not sure what happened to her that morning but was so happy she was feeling better. So after nap we headed over to Grandma Lynette's and Grandpa Russ's to see some of my nieces and nephew.
And finally it was off to trick or treat. This is the only decent picture I could get of the two of them together! Ethan LOVED it. I've never seen the kid run so fast. Reese walked for a little while and then ended the night being pushed in the stroller. Next year I think she will have more fun.
And of course, in tradition, here they are in their Halloween jammies. I love my pirate babies!!!

3 comments:

Walter Family said...

How fun! Your kids look so cute in their costumes! And I love the pajama tradition! Those pajamas are too cute! You'll have to tell me where you got them - Ashton would LOVE pirate PJ's! :)

Kristin said...

They look darling!! Love the costumes! Glad she felt better.

Beth and Jess said...

Cutest bumblebee and cowboy ever. Seriously you make adorable kids!! And so glad you had fun in Hawaii someday you will have to island hop over here.