Monday, October 24, 2011

8 Days of Relaxation

Kurt and I just got back from a much needed vacation to Hawaii. We headed over to my parents time share for eight days and invited his parents to come along. We had so much fun showing them around Hawaii and just lounging around at the resort!

We dropped of the kiddos and headed out on Saturday morning. After arriving there we headed to get a car, checked in, headed to Chili's for some dinner, and then did some grocery shopping. One of the nice things about the time share is that we have a full kitchen so we can buy food and eat there when we want.
The second day we headed over to Pearl Harbor. It's been a few years since we've been so it was interesting to watch the video and go out to the memorial again. Afterward went to the swap meet and did some shopping!
Monday we lounged at the resort! Kurt and Russ did some snorkeling and I spent most of the day reading and soaking up the sun!
Tuesday we headed into Waikiki and hiked Diamond Head. It looks over all of Waikiki. It was a fun little hike and was beautiful at the top. After hiking we went and walked the Waikiki strip and hit up the Cheesecake Factory for some yummy lunch. Later that night we drove to the North Shore the see the night show "Ha" at the Polynesian Cultural Center. (Sad I didn't get any pictures).
Wednesday we lounged again, laid in the sun, and then went to see the new "Footloose." I LOVED it!

Thursday we drove to Laie on the North Shore again and did a session at the Laie, Hawaii temple. After the session we headed to Sunset beach to enjoy a real beach on the North Shore. I have to admit that even though I do love the beach, the resort is so much better. Maybe it's the lounge chairs, the umbrellas, snow cones, Hawaiian music, or strawberry banana smoothies that appeals to me more...I'm not sure, but the beach only lasted a little over an hour until Lynette and I were ready to go back to the resort. On the way back we made a stop at the Dole Plantation to get the yummy soft serve pineapple ice cream.
Friday and Saturday we spent at the resort again. We checked out Saturday morning but lounged at the resort until about 3:00. Then we headed into Waikiki again to do some shopping, eat dinner, and then headed to the airport to catch our flight home.

It was such a fun vacation, much needed time away from the kids (thank you to those who watched them), and fun to spend time with Kurt's mom and dad. Now I can start counting down the days until next years Hawaii vacation!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Yay! Thanks for being such a good blogger :) Looks like you guys had so much fun, I'm do glad you could go! I love all the pictures; you all get tanner and tanner as they go!

Kristin said...

OH man...I'm so jealous! It's so beautiful there, wish we could go like 17 times a year!
Glad you guys had fun...and glad I was able to partake in watching your kids. Having 5 kids is super awesome!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Looks AMAZING!
Glad you got to getaway for a little 1 on 1 time!
We missed you at the Halloween party...But, your party looks much more FUN!

Walter Family said...

That looks SO nice!!! How fun you get to have that to look forward to every year! I'm jealous! :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! If you weren't so cute I'd have to really hate you. Hawaii sounds perfect right now. Glad you had a good time:)