Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Off to St. George

Since I was little we always go to St. George over October Conference and also the St. George marathon! This year was no different, however I found out in the seven years that Kurt and I have been married that he has never been to see the runners come in from the marathon....WHAT? Apparently I can't really say it's a tradition if we've missed it that many times. I think he is lying and just can't remember! So this year was no different. We headed down Wednesday afternoon so we could get there in time to make it to Tuacahn to go see the Little Mermaid! It was awesome!! They always do such an amazing job and are so creative.

Thursday we did some shopping, reading, and a lot of lounging. My sis and her family arrived later that night and Ethan finally had someone other then us boring people to play with.

Our days were filled with swimming, eating, and the parks.
We did make our "tradition" of seeing the runners come in. We missed the first guy but saw the first woman run in. It gave me HUGE motivation to start training to do another one for about an hour. Then all of the time and energy it takes to train set in and my motivation was right out the door! It felt good for about an hour though!
We finished our last night off with some shakes and ice cream! Good times and good company! Love me some St. George!

3 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

What a fun trip!!! Now join me for Ogden Marathon! ;)

Kristin said...

We should have just copied and pasted each other's posts!
We had a blast!! xoxo

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

Wow! Looks like fun! My parents are going there tomorrow for an entire week for their year anniversary of their mission! We miss you guys! Let's plan a trip again!!!!