Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Sweet Grandpa!

My sweet 81 year old Grandpa passed away today! After being in pain for quite a few months we found out that he had cancer through out his entire body! We were so lucky to be able to go over this past Saturday while he was still coherent and spend some time with him talking and just being with him! I will always love these sweet pictures!
Death is never an easy thing for me! Thank goodness for the Gospel in my life and my LDS beliefs that help bring closure for me. I just never do well with funerals...however I'm so grateful for the time I had with him. We sure love you Gramps!

8 comments:

Walter Family said...

I'm so so sorry Kara! I have a hard time with death too. I can't even imagine not having the knowledge we do of the gospel and life after this one. I hope that does give you some closure and comfort. I will be keeping you and your whole family in my prayers!

Wade and Taryn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa!! Thank goodness for the gospel!! It is so comforting to know that we will see out loved ones again.

I'm Mindy. said...

I am truly sorry!!! You will be in our thoughts and prayers. xoxo

Isaac and Dallas said...

Hey kara I am so sorry about your grandpa. So sad. Please if you need anything let me help.

The Blanchard Family said...

Oh Kara! This year has been a rough one...how is your mom doing? I am sure this is really hard on her being so many thousands of miles away during the hard times. Thinking of all of you!

James and Heather said...

I'm so sorry Kara! Please don't hesitate to call us if you need anything at all! Luv ya!

Kaylie said...

I love you Kara! It was awesome to see how amazing our family really can be when we all come together and go through something together. We are all so strong! I love our fam! :)

The Broughs said...

Oh Kara... I am so sorry! I hope you guys are doing ok. I hope your mom and dad are ok too, that is so sad! Let me know if you need anything!