Saturday, January 22, 2011

JAPAN - (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)

Sorry to picture overload....here are the last few days!!

FRIDAY
Friday we went to a place called Marine World. It was basically like Sea World. My parents had never been and we thought that Ethan would have fun! It turned out to b super fun. It had any type of marine animal, diving shows, dolphin shows, and tons of different exhibits.
My sweet little Reese was a trooper! She would just chill in the stroller for most of the days! I'm so grateful for such a happy little baby!
I had to take a picture of the vending machines. They are EVERYWHERE! Also their cars...they remind me of the movie "Cars." They look like little cartoon cars blown up! Every now and again you would see a full size car from the US but most of them are all smashed cartoon cars. In Japan tons of people walk or ride their bikes. Parking is super hard to find and when you do find it and park a little thing comes up underneath your car. If you take off with that up it will rip out the bottom of your car, so you have to pay most every time you park!
Later that night we went to Fukuoka Tower. It's a really tall tower that overlooks all of Fukuoka. We went at night so that we could see it all lit up! It was awesome! I can't believe how big the city is! After that we hit up Hard Rock one last time! Ethan was exhausted from the day and didn't even make it for his meal to come out.

SATURDAY
Saturday we got up and took the subway to a mall and market place called Tenjin. It was like a mall with one level all underground. We did some shopping and then headed back home. It was time to pack, do some last loads of laundry, and just hang out for our last night! We sat up late talking with my parents and were so sad that our trip was coming to an end.

SUNDAY
Sunday was a hard morning. We got up, got ready, and then headed for the airport! After getting everything checked in, we only had 30 minutes to get through security and get to our gate! We said our goodbyes, shed some tears, and then left!
It was such a refresher spending time with my parents. It was fun to feel like they were right back at home. I loved just being with them, eating out, watching tons of movies at night, and just being together! Now only eighteen more months and they will be home again! We can't wait!

3 comments:

N Luthi said...

what a great chance to see and visit your parents!!!

I'm Mindy. said...

What a great trip!! I am so glad you were able to spend that time with them.

Angie said...

Looks like it was a totally awesome trip. I am SO glad you guys got to go out there. Man I love your parents! Your family is so stinking beautiful too, I can't handle it!