Thursday, December 30, 2010

MeRrY ChRiStMaS

This Christmas was so much FUN! It made it magical again watching it though the eyes of Ethan! We were able to start some of the fun traditions Kurt and I did as kids now that he is old enough! We started a new tradition of our very own (and probably lots of other people)....Johnny the elf! He came all the way from Santa and watched Ethan throughout the month of December. Then every night he was off o see Santa to let him know if Ethan was bad or good. Is there some kind of doll that could watch him ALL year long? It helped MOST of the time.
We left Santa cookies that night and then off to bed we all went! At 7:30 that morning Ethan threw open our door and said, "He came & he brought me LOTS of presents!" So we crawled out of bed and headed downstairs to see what he got! He was so excited that I didn't even get a traditional stair picture!
We had a great Christmas and we were spoiled! We had the whole morning to chill and let Ethan play with his toys! He stayed downstairs for most of the morning and only came up when we would call him to eat! That afternoon we headed to my sisters to spend time with my fam, talk to my parents, and exchange gifts! Then it was off to Kurt's families to eat some grub, visit, and exchange gifts. We were spoiled more by everyone!!
It was a fun Christmas and I love spending time with both families. It's been fun starting new and continuing old traditions with my own little family! I'm also excited that only one more Christmas and my mom and dad will be home! It was also fun to see Ethan recognize the story of our Savior!! In light of everything that has happened this past year with some deaths in our family, it's sure nice to have a true testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I'm so very blessed in my life and am so grateful for my Savior and to know that this life has meaning! We hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Shell said...

You and your fam are SOOOO adorable! I can't wait to have a child that understands what's going on...so fun! Reese is a DOLL!

Rosalie said...

That Johnny the Elf is a GREAT idea! I wish I would have thought of that! My kids would just laugh...they barely believe in Santa as it is, let alone an elf! I will keep that in mind in case another one comes along though! Thanks for sharing!

Walter Family said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great Christmas! I love the idea of Johnny the elf! I'll have to try that next year!

Rebecca Whitcomb North said...

I love the last picture of your daughter! SO CUTE! I'm glad you all had such a wonderful Christmas.

Kellie said...

So fun! I love all your pics and seeing your cute house decorated for Christmas :) We're glad we could hang out with you guys that day!