Thursday, March 25, 2010

Domestic Diva??

Can the whole nesting thing happen at five months?? The past couple of days I've whipped out my sewing machine and busted out some fun things. I've been wanting one of those car seat canopies or whatever they call them, so I went to the mall only to find that they were $40. Of course I can't just have one, I wanted two, so I thought I would attempt one on my own. Here is how they turned out. I'm pretty proud of myself since I usually don't get a good quality product out of what I make. They are both reversible and everything including some sewing supplies only cost me $35.
I also made these car seat covers that go inside. My friend Dallas had me some made when I had Ethan and they were a life saver. So since you just make them out of receiving blankets I thought I would attempt it on my own. They turned out pretty good & with a little bit of help from my trusty mother in law, wha bam!. Now we are just crossing our fingers that this baby doesn't puke as much as Ethan. We are already on our second car seat...I would like to not have to purchase another one because of throw up.

11 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Nicely done Kara!!! Very cute and GIRLY ;)

Emily said...

You should sell those on etsy!!! They are so cute!

Shell said...

Kara, that is sooooo awesome! Great sewing skills, I'm jealous! I have to tell you that the Biggest Loser Points competition thing that you did w/ your friends last year has spread like wild fire! I have done 2 rounds of it, Teresa's good friend did it w/ a group and now my sister-in-law, Tiffany is doing it with a group of 30 PEOPLE in Boise! Isn't that cool! So thank you for all the info and i just wanted to let you know:)

Isaac and Dallas said...

They look so good. You did great. I love that you are already nesting. I can't wait to see her all deck out in pink. I love it.

Jesse said...

Good work. I am very impressed and slightly inspired. We'll see if that turns into anything on my end! Love all the pink, it's so you!

smargetts said...

Kara, You are a domestic diva just like your mother. They are absolutely darling. I miss going shopping together. But we will make up for lost time when I get home. Love you!

The Jacobson Family said...

So Cute I Love Them!

Kellie said...

Are you kidding me? I am super impressed! I love it, you will totally have to help me; you know, in 5 years when we have another baby :)
So cute!

Kristin said...

Holy crap...when you told me you made these, I just thought 'oh fun'. But sucks...they are AWESOME! For sure you got the skills from mom...she could sew a button like a maniac!
You are my hero!

Ariel said...

When I saw this pic, I knew you had to be having a girl. After some backtracking, I see I was correct. Congrats on having a girl and having mad sewing skills.

Annie said...

I have plans to make some of these this week. I hope mine will turn out as cute as yours. I guess you can't really go wrong when all you have to do is sew two pieces of fabric together.:) Super cute!!